Benefactor
Nov 19, 2019
Philippines
Tinnitus Since
12/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Otitis Media
Hello Fellow Warriors,

I am 14 months into tinnitus that has been settling between 1 and 3 out of 10, in terms of severity for the past several months.

Lately, I contacted a cold, congestion, and minor cough. I also think I have some rhinitis. For about a week now, my tinnitus has ramped up to 5 and 7. My left ear, which is usually silent, has been acting up but weirdly, my right ear, which used to have a loud high-pitched tone, has become nearly silent.

This is a bit driving me nuts as I do not usually hear tinnitus over television. The past few days, I have been waking up to a ramped-up tinnitus that even on a semi-loud television I hear it.

Any thoughts on this particular type of spike?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Albert

Your body is fighting a cold and this can put stress on it. It's not that uncommon, for your tinnitus to spike. Hopefully things get better when your cold is gone.

I'm dealing with a bad cold right now. My tinnitus hasn't changed in general, but I was awoken to the loudest spike I think I've ever experienced last night. Ugh.

I think colds can really affect tinnitus in one way or another.
Last Saturday, I took a cold bath and got a ringing after.
Hopefully our T will find a new lower baseline.

Best regards,
Albert

Thanks @fishbone.
It is like I am back to the first few months into T and it really sucks.
I hope this will resolve soon.

Best regards,
Albert

The biggest lesson I have learned from tinnitus is PATIENCE. Keep taking those baby steps each day and keep pushing forward.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now