Tinnitus Started After Waking Up from a Nightmare

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Erik22, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Erik22

Erik22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone!

I couldn't sleep until 5am at last night because of tinnitus, then I signed up here this morning. :sleep:

I had a nightmare two years ago. I remember I was shouting to enemies who were running over me. When I woke up, I heard a voice like cell phone charger adapter in my right ear. I didn't care during the night but over the next day I noticed it's tinnitus.

In next days, ENT appointment, brain MRI, audiology tests etc. All of them were normal. I was depressed for 1 month with sleepless nights and taking Betaserc. Then I got used to the tinnitus and I should say summer season was helpful for me. Because you are sleeping at night with windows open and you can't hear tinnitus. But when winter comes, that cycle started again.

In 2019, I had shoulder pain on right side so much. It passed after 10 physiotherapy sessions.

I was diagnosed with TMJ in 2019. Doctors gave me a splint because of Bruxism. But I couldn't use it for more than one month because it was uncomfortable. Also my dentist told me I had no symptoms of Bruxism in my teeth, and nobody including my family or my girlfriend never noticed me making Bruxism sounds at night. So I give up.

By the way interestingly one of my friend who I haven't seen for 2 years told me "Does your lower jaw come forward?" I couldn't answer because I'm not measuring it everyday.

In 2020, the tinnitus increased. It started in left ear too and became audible in day time too sometimes. And I feel jaw pain on my right side. I went to maxillofacial surgeon/professor. And he told me my jaw seems normal. If I wanted to, they could inject Botox. It seems I will go and do that. I hope it will be helpful for me. And I wish best luck to everyone who has tinnitus.

Sorry for my English level.

Balinese massage, Baileys and Vastarel have been helpful for me sometimes.

:thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 1