Allan Mcmillan

Author
May 11, 2019
Tinnitus Since
April 30 2019
Cause of Tinnitus
Acoustic shock from playing guitar with headphones
Hey everyone,

I might have had tinnitus beforehand but it must have been at a 0.5-1 level and I habituated to it so well that I didn't know I had it until it spiked when I was practicing with my electric guitar which was plugged into my headphones.

I remember my right ear ringing loudly when I took my headphones off.

After that incident, I stopped using headphones and tried to avoid loud noises. My tinnitus was really loud during the first two weeks with multiple tones that I can't begin to describe. My ears felt full and was hurting a little bit. Additionally, I would hear this whistling sound which would accompany other sounds like cars going by or when the blow dryer is on.

Fortunately half of the tinnitus went away after 2 weeks and the ear fullness and the overlapping sound also went away. I felt relieved and thought I was going to be able to hear silence again but unfortunately, yesterday the fullness and everything came back which has been really depressing.

I'm afraid I'll never be able to play music again but overall I'm hoping that it would go away within a couple months.

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the crew :).

The clogged ears is not congestion related ETD, it's a noise injury.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now