Tinnitus Sufferer for 2 Months

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cro_123, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Cro_123

Cro_123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tyre explosion near ear
      Hi all,

I am from Croatia and seeking for help to cure my tinnitus. My apologies for any grammar mistake since English is not my mother tongue.

Cause of tinnitus was tyre explosion near my ear 2 months ago, my ear drum exploded and since then I have unbearable buzzing in my ear.

There is no proper medical care in Croatia for this kind of sickness, only thing is I must do is to go to hyperbaric chamber in order to get some sleep. Tinnitus is driving me crazy, so I hope in this forum I could get some useful advice.

I though about buying ebook "Tinnitus Miracle" but I found out it's a scam and all things I need to know about how to cure tinnitus can be found on this forum.

2. Gailjones

Gailjones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu virus and loud venue
      I'm sorry to hear your story and experience....don't dis pair.over a period of time things will settle down and you will get more used to the tinnitus.it might well go over time.i have found that white noise generators worn either during the day or night can help the brain get used to the sound so that you hear it less especially during the day when their is other noise about.you can purchase them online.you might find that the doctor could give you a sleeping aid for a few week..?...or buy magnesium which will help you sleep...avoid noisy environment s for the time being until things settle which might take a few months but be assured thing will improve.gail

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. The suffering with T is most intense at the initial stage. Hope you will get better over time. But now it is probably a good idea to mask your T vigorously so you won't suffer so much mentally by hearing the intrusive ringing 7/24. If you haven't masked yet, here are some options:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cro_123

Cro_123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tyre explosion near ear
      Thank you for your replies, I will try masking this but my biggest issue is headache caused by tinnitus, it really disrupts my everyday work. I can't do my job or do anything useful. Is there any methods to cure this in any short period of time, I work as a firefighter and I can't be absent for more than 3-4 months in a station.

5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Croatia is not the problem - there is no cure anywhere else either , maybe once keyzilen is released in 2 years we will finally have something but it won't work for chronic T mostly .
      But your t can get much better provided you protect your ears as much as possible from noise over 60db for the next 6 months at least - wear plugs or ear muffs or both especially in your Firetruck