Tinnitus Upper Cervical Testimony St Petersburg, FL

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jun 7, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Very interesting thanks for posting Calin

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Your welcome.

They say that some chiropractic work helps. Thought this was one example.

4. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Going to see a Chiro that specializes in Upper cervical work on Wednesday, I'll report back

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Okie dokie!

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Erik --- I'll be interested to hear more about your appointment with the chiro that specializes in upper cervical. I tried this about a month ago, for my tinnitus/pulsatile tinnitus. I had two Atlas adjustments, which helped me with body alignment -- but it didn't really improve my tinnitus or my pulsating.

I hope the adjustment helps you. Please update us on your experience!

7. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Erik -- How did the upper cervical adjustment go? Did it help your tinnitus?

8. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hi Karen,

Had 1 week, 4 treatments so far. Not really helped and in fact things were worse for me the past 4 days until today. I'm not sure if it was specifically caused by the treatments or I was due for a spike. Maybe the therapy is jarring my nervous system or something. Unfortunately my T radiates down my ear and tingles thru the same side of my face and neck.

Either way I am going to stick it out for a while. I'll report back weekly.

9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it was only a temporary spike. I'm glad you're going to try it for awhile to see how it goes. I truly hope it helps reduce the tinnitus!

I have nervous system issues surrounding my tinnitus, too -- but in my case, it's because I have pulsating in my head 24/7!

Thanks; keep us posted.

10. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      How did that go with the UC Chiropractor

11. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      PT since 1988. T with H since June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had two sessions of upper cervical chiro and it made mine a lot worse. When I came out the second time my left eye was bloodshot and my T was at full blast. I don't know if I just got unlucky with that particular practitioner but it has put me off chiros for a while. I still have regular neck massages which have helped me to relax. I get similar symptoms with myofacial pain and a stiff neck, especially when I wake up.

It will be interesting to see @erik's report, I might try this again if we get some positive outcomes.

12. April
      No Mood

April Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/05/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible whiplash
      I have the same tingling feeling which can extend all the way down to my feet at times. I think it may be nerve entrapment or impingement so tomorrow I go in for my first osteopathic treatment. I've tried a chiropractor, but the treatment didn't change anything. I stayed with it for a couple of months just to make sure but the RT remained the same. My life has been constant adjustments trying to live with RT and hearing loss 24/7. Usually I'm able to keep myself in pretty good spirits but the last two weeks I had horrible spikes and was a basket case. I became a hermit again out of self preservation but I hate living that way.

13. Shblatt
      Tired

Shblatt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scuba diving accident
      My cochlea was fried because of a scuba diving accident.
      Last week, I was receiving a chiropractic treatment for a pinched nerve in my neck. I mentioned to the chiropractor that I had single-sided deafness and t. He said he could 'adjust my ear' and this would help with my t. The adjustment has resulted in an explosion; the t has been magnified from a level 3 to a level 8! His adjustment consisted of a pretty strong jerk straight down on my ear lobe.
      Upon reflection, I don't believe the chiropractor was dead wrong in trying to alleviate my t with an ear adjustment since my cochlea is clearly damaged and has resulted in t. If cranial misalignment is the cause, maybe they have a shot.

14. wmp4280

wmp4280 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2-2-2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @Karen, I know this is an old thread but were your symptoms ever corrected? Did your pulsating head ever correct itself or how did you correct it?