Tinnitus with Movement — Acquired It After a Failed Stapedectomy with Nerve Damage

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chad Miller, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Chad Miller

Chad Miller Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Surgery/Nerve Damage/SensoryNeuralHearing Loss
      Hello-

My name is Chad Miller and I have had tinnitus since 2016. It happened after a failed stapedectomy with nerve damage. Recently it has gotten much worse because of sensorineural hearing loss in the same ear. They believe this is a progression of the otosclerosis. However, it also could be from the stapes moving. What drives me crazy is that they don't want to touch the ear so I may be living with an out of place stapes and not know it.

That being said, my tinnitus now comes with electronic type sounds and pitches when I move my head or chew. It is currently really hard to deal with. I am hoping I can find some management of these symptoms, but I am still in the experimental phase of things. Plus, the doctor said it could take 6-9 months before my ear really settles into it's new situation.

Anyway... I read posts on here all the time so I thought I would join.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Warm welcome to the forum. That seems to suggest you may have some element of somatic tinnitus, possible TMJ or neck/head muscle issue. You may want to have it check out. Take care. God bless.