Tinnitus Worsening After House Warming Party with Calmer Noise Filters

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FredNerk, Mar 22, 2023.

1. EternalRinging
      Terrified

EternalRinging Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I tried Prednisone 12 weeks after getting tinnitus and it did nothing. In fact, at some point during the days I was taking Prednisone, my tinnitus got worse but I think it was due to COVID-19.

So 7 weeks is probably too late but even if it had been only a few days, I think it might be worth it to try only if you’re sure you had some degree of hearing loss. As someone mentioned here, taking Prednisone without SSHL is like playing the Russian roulette.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FredNerk

FredNerk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thank you everyone for the replies. And thank you for the support, it's appreciated so much.

I will stay away from loud events, not use headphones and always use my foam earplugs or musicians earplugs whenever I feel I'm going to be exposed to noise that's above what I can tolerate from now onward.

I've tried HBOT with little results to my hearing. I've had Prednisolone before and I can't say for sure if it did much, I wasn't documenting it and testing my hearing as things progressed.

I'm searching for hope because currently I feel like I've lost hope and I need hope to bear this load.

• Hug Hug x 2