Tinnitus Worsens After Having Captivation Treatments

Discussion in 'Support' started by DebraTurner, Jun 5, 2018.

1. DebraTurner

DebraTurner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been having the latest treatments of ultrasonic RF captivation treatments for slimming and tightening and since having them my tinnitus has gotten considerably louder.

The captivation they use to blast fat cells sends a tinnitus sound through your head, very uncomfortable feeling for most people.

I thought since I suffer tinnitus in only one ear that I could handle it ok. It was the same pitch I was hearing anyway.

Since the treatments my tinnitus has gotten so much louder, to the point where it's hard to get any sleep.

These treatments are relatively new and only just been passed by FDA . I was wondering if anyone else out there has had these same treatments and noticed a change with their tinnitus getting worse.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      You were able to hear these sounds? You are not supposed to be able to hear ultrasounds unless you have ultrasonic hearing. I would personally avoid such treatments, even if I cannot hear them. I just prefer to avoid things that blasts sounds at any part of my body, be it infrasound, ultrasound or normal sounds within hearing range. I hope your tinnitus will go down soon. Wishing you a quick recovery.

• Like Like x 1
    3. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If this is a cosmetic procedure and not medically necessary, it might not be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1