Tinnituszentrierte Musiktherapie (TIM) by Dr. Annette Cramer

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Martin Müller, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Martin Müller

Martin Müller Member

Tinnitus Since:
      This iphone app is created in cooperation with (german) Dr. Annette Cramer, who invented
      TIM - a music therapy especially for tinnitus patients - and she has a master degree and over 10 years
      of experience in this tinnitus-music-treatment-area.

The price is 16 EUR (in the german app store).

I tried it and i like it.
      The app is about 3 years old and has a very good customer-reputation.

As a first step, the app allows to create a profile of your individual tinnitus, for each ear separately.
      In a second step you play your tinnitus profile together with relaxing music.
      If you repeat this procedure - at least - 15 Minute a day the tinnitus gets lowered.

This is just a short explanation, please read the manual.
      Regards, Martin

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      http://www.musiktherapeutikum.de/tim-tinnitus.html
      Translation via Google ->

iOS App Store links
      German: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/tinnitus-help/id382593362?mt=8
      UK: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tinnitus-help/id382593362?mt=8
      US: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tinnitus-help/id382593362?mt=8

Website about the application: http://www.ind-technik.eu/software/tinnitushelp/
      (on above site you can find the iPad and PC version too)

On tinnitus.de forums (translated via Google Translate):
      Music Therapy by Annette Cramer... Does someone?

This thread is about Heidelberg Music Therapy, but Cramer is also mentioned ->

@SISKO, any input on the above? You are a regular on the tinnitus.de forums, so you probably know a bit more about this? Has people over there found this therapy successful?

3. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is this just for tonal t or can it be usd with any type of tinnitus?

4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      That sounds identical to the original Neuromonics treatment, I'm sure that they matched your T and played the tone back with classical music behind for relaxation.

It can be difficult for us to match our own tinnitus accurately, and of course it can change without us realising so it'll need regular checking and would benefit from independent help / checking. I spend a lot of my life with music and have had musical training and I still struggle sometimes - I can match somebody else much easier than myself.

But for €16 it seems reasonable enough and is at least based on a relatively plausible theory.

5. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Hi All,

I've used the app, and it irritated my tinnitus. I loved all the features the app offers; it is truly customizable. My problem was probably an inability to match my sound. This is especially true if you have a whistling type tinnitus that appears to be comprised of several sounds that you (or I) can't tease out very well. I also have a single tone tinnitus that I can hear when my other sounds (whistle) are quiet. I might've been able to match the single tone.

Perhaps, if I had worked longer with the app my results would've been better. My suggestion is to slowly expose yourself, and, if you fluctuate, be careful when you're loud. Once when I used the app, my tinnitus just crazy loud, but I was having a bad day and this might've affected my response. Anyway, the damage was not permanent, and I might try again to slowly acclimate myself.

I did have problems with it playing my iTunes. It would not play many songs and would not repeat them. Again, this might just be a settings/technical issue.

6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Jazz, unfortunately we both have the same problem. I cannot match my tinnitus either and sound therapies used to aggravate it. I tried at a local audiologist and for an hour at OHSU and still couldn't. These sound therapies only really work for people with tonal tinnitus that can be matched.

7. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD

Thanks Eric.

Unfortunately, you are so right. This just means we need to find alternative methods. There's more than one way to skin a cat--so to speak!:) And we'll keep looking for them.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Alouette
      Whistles

Alouette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress??
      Hello Martin, I just read that you have used tinnitus help. For me it was the most helpful application against my tinnitus, which I have since 2013. And it is very easy to match the tinnitus sound. I still use it, when it is necessary. And it works immediately! ;)

9. Alouette
      Whistles

Alouette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress??
      Hello Adam, it is for every type of tinnitus, even humming or tinnitus over 8 Khz. And even, if you have different tinnitus on both ears

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

11. Alouette
      Whistles

Alouette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress??
      Yes, and there is also an introduction in english

12. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      All your posts here are about this "musiktherapie", you sure you aren't trying to drum up new business for your own product??

13. Alouette
      Whistles

Alouette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress??
      No, music therapy is not a new product and not a new therapy. But it can help, if you find a music therapist who treats tinnitus patients. As far as I can see audio therapies are (besides behavioral therapy) the most successful therapies against tinnitus, because they influence the ears and the auditive cortex directly.