TMJ/Bruxism — Thermoplastic Night Guard

Discussion in 'Support' started by Holden, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Holden

Holden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Weed withdrawal
      Hello fellow T sufferers!

I've recently developed night time bruxism, which has led to some TMJ jaw pain and tinnitus. The tinnitus started about 3 months ago.

I would wake up with a horrible jaw ache and tooth pain at times. It began to become unbearable; so I spent around $200 at proteethguard.com for a thermoplastic splint. It has been lovely! I no longer wake up with a sore jaw and can go back to eating whatever I want. If you have a problem clenching your teeth I recommend getting a night guard from here. It's the same quality you get from the dentist at a 1/3 of the price.

I've only had it for about a week and I'm hopeful it will reduce my tinnitus.

My question for everyone who's tried a hard thermoplastic night splint is whether it helped reduce your tinnitus?

2. Greg Miller

Greg Miller Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Please tell me that your T is a lot lower or unnoticeable since you are wearing a guard. I have been a T sufferer for about 3 years. I went to the dentist today for the first time in about 3 years and as soon as I opened my mouth the dentist was shocked to see how bad I grind my teeth at night while I sleep. I just don't notice it. I wake up with a sore jaw, teeth pain and most detrimental of all the horrible Tinnitus. I did wake up one morning and realized that my mouth was clenched shut. UGH!

• Like Like x 1