Today I Got Steroid Injections Directly Into the Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnFox, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Yes the Ménière’s is bilateral but left ear is the bad ear. Supposedly Ménière’s is caused by chicken pox reactivating, but yes the vaccine just stirred up all kinds of run away inflammation where it was already compromised. I’ve tried oral prednisone taper and it didn’t do much of anything. I’m trying Antivirals starting Friday.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I think AVs is your best bet right now. Have you ever considered the John of Ohio protocol? It seems like it has helped a few people with Meniere's.

3. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I have very bad allergies and am allergic to many supplements and drugs. I need to be desensitized to the Valtrex.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Hey man, rooting for you, that vaccine messed up a bit of us, I just hate how people think it’s stress about the vaccine that is causing the tinnitus...

5. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Those people are assholes. Let them be in our shoes. I was excited to get vaccinated because I have bad asthma. Never thought it would affect my ears. The big question is if the tinnitus will settle down again after the vaccine. I got the vaccine in February. I also was put on Klonopin by the ENT and as I withdrew the tinnitus got even worse. So I have a double issue. Luckily I was only on Klonopin for 6 weeks before tapering.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Be careful around noise coming off benzos. I was listening to music coming off them (3 days clean) and I got an auditory seizure that night while falling asleep! Woke up to permanent random sounding distortions.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Thanks. I have been treating my ears like royalty since February. I haven’t even watched TV since then, sadly.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      At least for benzos, I could hear louder things a couple weeks after, no seizures.

9. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Did you take benzodiazepines regularly?

10. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      6 weeks. at onset. Long enough to matter. I didn't get worse tapering off... but I did get auditory seizures (random chime sound effects exploded in my head one night while my eyes had flashes of light at the same time).

I got HBO and steroids too.

Good times. jk, was bad as f.

I'm really really curious as you have legit hydrops, what the Reddit tapping does for you? If it goes away for a while and if it comes back in a wave?

Your tinnitus is a mess of distortions post-vax? Any low tones or low tones that meander back and forth in pitch rhythmically?

Salt restriction do anything for you whatsoever?

I have like a xylophone note that wavers back and forth in pitch, as well as random sounds that just pop into existence and out randomly and in quick pulses all the damn time.

Hate that low wavering tone the most. Fuck it to shit. Ringing isn't that bad... wish I had that still.

11. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      The tapping doesn’t do anything. My tinnitus got loud, multiple tones and became reactive after the vaccine, then got worse on Klonopin.

My tinnitus now hisses, whooshes, screeches, rings and has a low pitch rumble like a refrigerator. It is intolerable. I also get random beeps. I heard the vaccine causes inflammation of the 8th cranial nerve, as my hearing doesn’t appear to be damaged anymore than it was before. I didn’t get SSHL from the vaccine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      High salt diet does not affect my symptoms, but it does show up on the audiogram as increased losses that creep up in the frequency range.

13. AR Spiegel

AR Spiegel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have almost identical situation as Brian P. I do not know where to turn at this point. The one thing I am confident of is that I am not okay with sitting back and taking this as the new normal. There has to be someone somewhere who can help us with this new debilitating problem since the vaccine.

I had two Pfizer vaccines and it wasn't till I got the third Pfizer booster that the symptoms started.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

14. BigLad

BigLad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Lukee, has your tinnitus improved since you commented here? I did a single Wim Hof session last week, all I ever did, and my tinnitus became crazy. Does it get better or do you know of anything that helps?

Thanks.

15. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Unfortunately, not. If anything it has gotten worse and I have hyperacusis as well. Protect your ears from loud noises and medications.