Treatment for Inner Ear Vasospasm/Vasoconstriction?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Coyotesheaven, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      I'm not 100% sure that blood vessel spasms (or vasoconstriction) are to blame for the problems in my ears, but I highly suspect it. It just seems to confirm why I am losing low frequency hearing so rapidly, and why I am having other hydrops symptoms. I was already diagnosed with migraine (basilar, otic) so it makes sense. Though I am really young I guess this can happen to anyone.

I also suspect micro-vascular damage thanks to all of the sitting and typing on the computer that I have been doing for the past 4 months; prolonged sitting is not good for vascular health, apparently, and can actually kill or cause heart disease from what I have read. I don't get much exercise owing to my noise intolerance outdoors, and my inability to tolerate extended physical activity in general. I already had vascular problems with my ears, so no surprise I would have had a susceptibility to malfunctions in my blood vessels; I have also had severe depression and am frequently anxious, so a big stress component there. And then of course all my medications, two of which altered my blood pressure substantially. Two of them also promoted some level of vasoconstriction (yea, my doctor didn't think it through very well...).

It's awful bad because it is too easy to disturb the circulation supplying my ears. Last night I thought I saw a mouse at my feet and jumped slightly in my chair. That split second alteration of blood pressure was all it took to make my voice sound really distorted and to cause my low tones to drop by about 5 db again. This is a common recurrence from tensing my muscles, laughing, bending over, yawning and my ears lightly popping, running, etc., which is one of the main reasons why I have been so physically limited of late.

So with that said, does anyone know of great supplements or medications to help with blood flow to my inner ears? I am already taking a few (gingko, lipoflavanoids, etc), but I wanted to know if there are prescription meds as well out there.

Thanks for the help!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Ask your doctor bout Betahistine....lots of love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @glynis

Thank you! Wonder why my doctors never thought of that.

• Hug Hug x 1