Tricia B. Learning to Cope with Tinnitus.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tricia Bridwell, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Tricia Bridwell

Tricia Bridwell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/29/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic inner ear fluid & sinus problems
      Hello to all and God bless all who are learning to cope with tinnitus. March 30, 2017 was my first experience. Woke up with low humming and roaring noise in my head. For years I've dealt with chronic sinus, seasonal allergy and and inner ear problems. Had sinus surgery in 1981. The past two years I have felt pressure in my head, ears popping, and as though my head is underwater each time I had an episode..

Never experienced tinnitus until now or imagined how debilitating it can be. The constant low hum is horrible. When I am in traffic and pass loud trucks/vehicles, the sound roars/vibrates in my head. I'm experiencing anxiety and it's difficult to impossible to fall asleep when my head hits the pillow.

Saw an ENT on Friday, and all he could recommend is sound therapy to re-train my brain's response to sound.

Surely, there is more help out there. Thank you for any help or advice.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Tricia Bridwell .

It could well be down to sinus problems and allergies.
      I would try a antihistamine to help reduce any mucous in your tubes and sinus.
      They can help you sleep unless you have non drowsy one's if driving.
      Try allergy pillows on your bed and propped up with a extra pillow as helps post nasal drip.
      If you have not seen audiology I would have a up to date hearing test and see if white noise generators or hearing aids are needed.

Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock to support you..

Love glynis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tricia Bridwell

Tricia Bridwell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/29/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic inner ear fluid & sinus problems
      Thank you Glynis.. I was tested by an audiologist last Friday and found to have moderate hearing loss that doesn't require a hearing aid right now. Saw an ENT in the same office who says this new noise is tinnitis. Do you know of a antihistamine that won't make this humming/ roaring worse? I know there are zillions, and I have high BP. Am also concerned about taking Benicar for high BP...read yesterday that it causes hearing loss & tinnitis..so much stuff on the net I don't know what to believe about all that I've been reading... Thank you for your support.