TRT Therapy — Any Good Clinicians in Southern California?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Ovidio Diaz, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Ovidio Diaz

Ovidio Diaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/015
      Dr. Nagler
      I started suffering from Tinnitus in January 2015. I have being reading your articlaes on TRT (therapy)
      I live in Southern California. Do you know of any good clinician in Southern California that provides TRT
      therapy?

thank you
      Ovidio Diaz

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Actually I do of one, Ovidio. Unfortunately, though, I do not know that one well enough to give you his or her name. The reason is that when I make a referral for TRT, I feel that in so doing I am putting my own reputation on the line. So I set the bar extremely high. Not only does the individual have to be well-trained and experienced, I also have to be convinced of his or her compassion and integrity. And lastly I feel that I need to have actually been present during a TRT counseling session to witness him or her "in action." That in-and-of-itself markedly restricts the pool of candidates. But it is what it is.

And while there may well be some excellent TRT clinicians in Southern California, there are none who meet the standard I described above.

That said, I have developed a set of six questions for those seeking TRT to pose to perspective clinicians as they do their own due diligence. You can find those questions towards the end of my "Thoughts on TRT" post. Click HERE

Hope this helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler