Trying to Keep Positive

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elle Jones, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Elle Jones

Elle Jones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello everyone,

I put this on the BTA page a few days ago, but overnight I have another 'new' even higher pitches sound, and I had real trouble falling asleep last nigh. It feels so intense and I'm becoming more frightened.

Seeing a Hearing and Balance Therapist tomorrow, who was recommended by an ENT surgeon to me before Xmas.

Hoping anyone here can give advice, on why they believe my head and or ears have felt far worse? I'm feeling incredibly low and very treat full again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had tinnitus for around 9 years, and up until a few months ago I had coped with it, of course the first couple of months were beyond stressful and I was very depressed and tearful. However, i must have got 'used' to it.

A few months ago it heightened and I think I know why. Went to a gig etc, it was to the point where it started to affect me falling asleep slightly, but I could do it. I would usually watch a comedy, call a friend etc and I'd be able to settle my self and mind to switch to sleep mode.

In the past 2 months my T has shot up to a level I've neber had. I had dental work done (tooth out) and the week before I was freaking out over this and I was very tense, so since 2 months it's gone crazy. Also had a very short term 2 week job during Christmas, which caused me tremendous amounts of stress, so I'm not sure if these are all factors. I left the job as it was too much.

I also gave up smoking the day I had my tooth out as I was told it would delay healing and can lead to serious infection, so again without me realising I'm wondering if yet that's another factor.

Went to an ENT person in July when it started getting worse, and he said my hearing was perfect and I had no pressure in my ear (can't rememberer the tech term) left there not sure what and why this has gotten worse.

Saw him again a few weeks ago as it had gotten even worse and I left there feeling even more helpless than before I went in.

He couldn't give me any reason(s) as to why my T has shot up in 6 months.

As I'm writing this, I feel quite a lot of pressure in my right ear and have for a few days. This is the same side as I had my tooth extracted. So this is making me feel worried and anxious.

Apologies if my typing is messy, I'm just feeling on edge and very tearful.

As it says, I'm trying to keep positive and hoping it's only a temporary thing, but feeling more hopeless.

Any advice or words then please do say them to me.

Thank you,

Elle

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Elle,
      It could be down to stress or even TMJ after dental work done so your dentist can check that out for you.
      You could ask your doctor about Nortryptaline its a Antidepresant but only need a low dose help you sleep and can help calm down sever tinnitus.
      Try sound therapy at night set below your tinnitus through pillow speakers or free standing unit.
      Your brain will work hard pick up the lower sound and help your brain to build up its natural filter and not focus on your tinnitus.
      This will help in the day also not to focus on your sound.
      Maybe you could be seen by audiology for white noise generators also.
      Stay strong duck as we are here around the clock for you.
      The BTA pillow speakers are so worth the money as they are good quolity and last for many years for around 15 pound...lots of love glynis

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      If you have ear pressure, then go see a Dr. Sorry for your pain, just hang in there and take it easy...

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elle Jones

Elle Jones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello Glynis and fish bone, thank you. I'm feeling not great today, nauseous and terrible sinius. But have an app with a sound therapist tonight, so thinking this is a positive step.
      With the ear pressure thing, I will go back to my doctors and get seen, as this is a new development which doesn't feel right
      Elle xx