Turn Upside Down for Relief

Discussion in 'Support' started by ile6163, Feb 3, 2015.

1. ile6163

ile6163 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a month ago
      I have tinnitus which is probably caused by Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. It has been very bothersome to say the least. Two days ago for no particular reason I felt like putting my feet up and my head down, sort of like a hand stand, the next day the tinnitus was gone. I enjoyed a tinnitus free day, however the next day it came back, humm.

I did not put two and two together yet till last night that I asked my husband to help me do a hand stand again which I tried and was too hard, but since the desire to hang up side down persisted I tried leaning head down and feet up over the sofa and voila, tinnitus is gone again, ear pressure is gone again... Relief at least temporarily is good...

Give it a try! For some reason this seems to work for me. Maybe it can help you!

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Wow. You should get one of those gym things that you can turn yourself almost upside down. :) Sounds also that your T is probably curable.

3. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I don't know if inversions have to do with it but my tinnitus always feels better after doing yoga which always involves a lot of inversions. I think it helps with habituating too--I barely ever even notice my tinnitus in yoga. And it has a host of other benefits of course as well!

4. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Good idea.
      I found that when I bend my head forward sitting down, like bending at the waist and keeping my head sort of level with that line, it lessens the sound for me but only for a few minutes.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ile6163

ile6163 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a month ago
      I did the upside down thing after feeling my left ear very full and for some reason I felr that by turnung upside down that would bring some relief and the first day I did it...I was not expecting a change so I did not connected the upside down with feeling better..then last night I tried it again with my husband's help and it happenned again...it eased....the pain eased and the noice eased significantly

6. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Very interesting, although the thought of living the remainder of my life like a human bat isn't that appealing. :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ile6163

ile6163 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a month ago
      Hi and this is what has worked for me...lay in bed face down up to your waist...carefully bring your head down all the wsy down to the floor, help yourself with your arms...hold your head down for a minute or so...allow your ears to feel the pressure for a minute or so...carefully come back up and equalize if you need to and tinnitus should quiet down...try it it works wonders for me. And it gives me quiet for hours

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have a teeter hang-ups machine. It helps my back and neck a lot; not much impact on my normal T. If I have bad T from neck tension it helps :)

9. boB Enon

boB Enon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/80
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a theory that it’s to do with the size or elasticity of the blood vessels around the ear or middle ear. Going upside down increases blood pressure which increases, even if only temporarily, the size of the blood vessels and thereby their ability to transport blood to the little hairs that detect sound. In effect I suspect tinnitus is damage to the follicles not healing correctly from normal environmental damage because they don’t have an unimpeded blood supply, or just becoming damaged due to insufficient blood supply. Hope this idea spurs some serious research into cardiovascular health and the cause and potential cure to some forms of tinnitus.