Two Concerning New Symptoms: Clicking Noise While Running, Visual Snow in Low Light

Discussion in 'Support' started by DaveyJones, Jun 27, 2020.

1. DaveyJones
      No Mood

DaveyJones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/19/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's been about 5.5 weeks since an acoustic trauma that started my tinnitus. Tinnitus volume was doing its best since a spike from an accidental loud noise about 11 days ago. I felt positive enough to go for a run around dusk. As I was running, I noticed two concerning things:

1. I could hear a clicking noise inside my ear while running. I have no clue what's causing it and I definitely didn't have it before my acoustic trauma.

2. I saw visual snow for the first time as it got darker outside. It looked like TV static or a slight rain drizzle. It seems only visible in low light thankfully.

I'm terrified that my brain and body are deteriorating and things are just going to get worse. I'm so scared.

2. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Hey mate, i have have ticking/clicking sounds before, kinda like someone flicking their nails together, super annoying, comes and goes..

Not so sure about v snow, never had that problem so i can’t even sympathise, but i can empathise, it would be stressful. But I’m sure some other guys have some more info for you. Try to relax best you can

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Magpie101

Magpie101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (stress)
      [QUOTE="DaveyJones, post: 532725, member: 41669"

2. I saw visual snow for the first time as it got darker outside. It looked like TV static or a slight rain drizzle. It seems only visible in low light thankfully.

I'm terrified that my brain and body are deteriorating and things are just going to get worse. I'm so scared.[/QUOTE]

I've had visual snow my whole life. I remember thinking my vision was like looking through TV static when I was a very small child. It doesn't bother me at all, but I've grown up with it. When you don't concentrate on it, you look through it rather than at it (a bit like one of those magic eye things) and you'll barely notice it. It may well have been there for many years but your new tinnitus is making you hyper aware of different sensory sensations. It's really nothing to worry about :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Allan Mcmillan

Allan Mcmillan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 30 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic shock from playing guitar with headphones
      Clicking noise occurs after acoustic trauma but usually goes away over time from my own personal experience. That's likely due to ear inflammation due to glutamate storm or something to due with the stapedius muscles or the tympanic membrane. Visual snow can be triggered by tinnitus from acoustic trauma but usually gets away or stays stable. You'll get used to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaveyJones
      No Mood

DaveyJones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/19/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for your replies everyone. I sure hope this subsides with time or I just get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaveyJones
      No Mood

DaveyJones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/19/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      A few times a day, when I adjust the position of my head, I can feel fluid moving inside of my ears. I’ve seen two ENTs and they haven’t seen any sign of fluid. Any idea what might be causing this sensation?

7. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Alan, unrelated but did you have a good experience with your Konftec? I just got one and am trying to get a feel for the experience of others.