Two Months In and Struggling

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Clearscreen, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Clearscreen

Clearscreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My name is Cliff from Atlanta. My T started about two months ago while I was lifting weights and generally trying to live a very healthy lifestyle. Felt like a real kick in the head to be trying to do everything right and then this. I have some asymmetrical hearing loss (I'm 56) that I imagine is caused by age, too many rock concerts and a lightning strike on a tree about 30 feet away. So, I've seen two ENTs, audiologist, hypnotherapist, and am getting an MRI in a week, taking various drugs, vitamins and supplements, considering CBT and will be seeing about hearing aids. I don't really have any advice to offer because nothing I have tried yet has helped much. But it feels good to get it out and to have a forum to communicate with people who understand. I'm trying to work the Rewiring Tinnitus, by Glenn Schweitzer, program so I'm hoping I can habituate. Has anyone had any success with that?

2. zanner15

zanner15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustation Tube Dysfunction?
      My T flared up about 4 months ago. Stay strong, I don't have much advice to give either, but if you can lift weights than you are strong enough to deal with T. Good luck.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clearscreen

Clearscreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. You stay strong too.