Two Tones Down to One

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Michael Barton, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Michael Barton

Michael Barton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 hours at a house concert
      Hi everyone,

I've had tinnitus for about 11 days now, and can say that the first 3 days were catastrophic, I was so scared!

Then, after days of reading, I started to come to terms with it, all of it. I would do better knowing it's there, instead of just going somewhere there was a silence and hope to listen and find it'd be gone, because it's not going away, ever, probably.

I'm trying mindfullness, and I'm determined to try meditation.

Yesterday was less good, suddenly for some odd reason, I was stressing out all day, and night, and it got in the way of having a good time with my girlfriend, but today, I'm back to being realistic, and accepting.

But here's eh good news... last night, when I went to bed, a spike occurred, and the mid-tone that I hear, was suddenly gone... I quickly used that to my advantage and went to sleep. The next morning, it was back again, and I was freaking out as usual... 10 hours of "sleep" and a day of work during which I was really exhausted... But then the mid-tone suddenly went to virtually nothing once again, and it's been that way now for the past 2 hours. I can only hope it'll stay that way, as this high-pitch tone @14KHz is less noticeable than the one I had around the 900 MHz.

So I don't know if it'll stay that way, and I don't know if my stress will reduce now that I am mostly hearing the 14 KHz sound, one can only hope, others may be able to confirm/deny.

In the meantime I'm going to keep facing the music, knowing it's there, and knowing I can make it induce a relaxing effect through meditation, and hoping one day it'll be gone due to habituation, or some other medical breakthrough.

Thanks all for your time and best of luck in the future.

Please remember, you aren't dying ;)

Kind regards,

Michael Barton

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. sigridcornelia

sigridcornelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 17, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of stress, anxiety, a cold and a flight.
      That’s good news! I do believe that if T, or one of the tones, can go away for a certain amount of time, that that should be a good sign. Especially after such a short time since onset.

I’m almost 5 months in and the first months I had 4 or 5 different tones. Sometimes all tones at the same time, sometimes only 1 or 2 tones. After 5 months I’m left with only 2 alternating tones. I’m definitely doing better. The volume is going down gradually and at the same time I’m habituating.

I hope you keep improving like this :)! Maybe you can try to find out what spikes your T. I did that and I now know there are certain things that can cause a spike, like tiredness, stress, hormones (menstruation..), and emotionally bad days. This makes it easier for me to cope. When I’m having a spike, I can always explain the cause, because it always happens after a bad night, during stress, before menstruation or just after a bad day. So now that I know this, I can stay calm during a spike cause I know it will settle down after a certain amount of time.

Definitely try the meditation thing. Even if it doesn’t cure your T, it will calm you down. You can learn to relax with T. For me this was extremely difficult, but after 5 months I can say that 90% of the time I’m able to relax, even with this annoying and distracting sound in my head.

Keep up the good work! All the best!

3. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, just tortured. Don't know what is worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I'm one year in and still scared so you're doing quite well. :bag: It does get easier mate just the setbacks and the bad days are days I prefer not to exist, but it's alright, Ma, its life and life only.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Barton

Michael Barton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 hours at a house concert
      Well turns out it's not exactly gone after all, but can say is definitely more manageable :)

6. Pianist_Will

Pianist_Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly medication
      How’s your tinnitus now? Any more improvements?