Two Weeks In

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leodavinci, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      My first post was an analysis of cdc survey data to try and give people a reliable hard data answer to the question of how often tinnitus lasts for those with a new onset. I have had high pitched T in my left ear for two weeks now and I have both benefited and been spooked by this forum. My T started the day after I cut metal using an angle grinder for about 3-4 min total cutting time. I did not use hearing protection. I was surprised that such a short exposure to this high pitched cutting sound could cause such lasting ringing. I had never had anything but fleeting T for a few minutes prior to this. I don't get regular exposure to loud noises and rarely go to loud concerts. I only recently read the tinnitustalk intro page and i encourage every newcomer to read it first as it makes clear, and my survey data analysis reliably shows, for most new T symptoms quality of life returns to near normal. Either perceptions of loudness and annoyance change and or the tinnitus subsides or is no longer constant. T is often a very difficult first few days and weeks but the annoyance, frustration and anxiety will go down a great deal. My T improved slightly after two days. It is still identifiable even when I'm in the middle of conversation if i listen for it and it's very noticeable in a quiet room at night. For several recent nights I've used rain sounds played on repeat on google play music. I placed my Bluetooth speaker under my pillow when my left ear is on the pillow and move the speaker out from under it when i turn over. I wish everyone new to this the absolute best. I was always an empathetic person. T has made me a saint.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome @Leodavinci. I am glad you find TT beneficial to you in some way. There is not need to feel spooked as you seem to be well in control of your own T situation. It is quite normal on T support forums to read something that can make people anxious because most of the people coming to T forums are still in the suffering phase, and many can be so desperate that they are suicidal. But that doesn't mean the majority of the members are like that. Since those who have become better may just move on, we will never know their success stories. But there are enough who wrote their success stories and then left the forum, and those who like me and others who want to stay to help others. The success stories forum is one place to learn the insights how to be better, and to come away with hope and comfort that things will improve over time, especially with some effective strategies/treatments. Hope you will continue to improve and stay around to help others when you habituate to your T.

Best regards,
      God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      I will stick around for sure and thank you for your encouragement and kind words.