Two Years of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pullingmyearsoff, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Pullingmyearsoff

Pullingmyearsoff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection moved to ears
      Two years ago I caught a severe sinus infection. So bad I couldn't take care of myself. My girlfriend wouldn't take me to the doctor because I didn't have insurance at the time. So a week went by and I had no improvement. Infact, it got worse. It spread to my ears and I went 95% deaf for TWO weeks. Still she wouldn't take me. Depression didn't help. I didn't drive myself to the er like I should have.

Two years later I still have T and if had enough. It is driving me almost literally insaine. I recently purchased an endoscope for maintenance purposes and got curious. I very very carefully stuck it in my ears. So my surprise my eardrums are totally white but appear horseshoe shaped.

Eardrum

I'm not sure what to think of this. I finally have an appointment with an ENT but I fear it's much too late.

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Pulling...

Welcome to the site!

The ENT will check your ears and your sinus cavity and probably also give you an audio test to check your hearing.

As for an endoscope, I'm sure it's a fun toy, but unless you know anatomy and how the various parts of the ear work and what to look for, I am not sure that it will serve you well.

Lastly, since you've had T for two years and it is still bothering you, that is an indicator that you have not habituated yet and are still fighting it. My suggestion to you would be to stop putting up a barrier against it. The less resistance on your part, the more likely your mind will eventually dismiss it and your nervous system will just say "eh, not worth the time". Be positive as that goes a long, long way!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The eardrum is supposed to be a nice pearly white to a grayish color. Yours is fine.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      welcome to the forum @Pullingmyearsoff. Sorry to hear your struggle with T. Hope the ENT will fix your ears if there is anything wrong. After that, it is more a smart mental game we have to play with T. Habituation will occur over time. Try mask your T if it gets too annoying. Have you still got sinus infection issue? If yes, perhaps google search 'sinus flooding with hydrogen peroxide' to see if there is merit to do it.

Try to accept the new normal. Try to eat healthily and to have good sleep. If needed, get something to help naturally, such as as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves. Take good care. God bless.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/