UKJon 2nd Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by UKJon, Nov 9, 2015.

1. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      Hi folks,

Well, here I still am.

The good news is 25 consecutive days without my masker and just the meds. The bad news is that I woke at 2.43 am and 5.33 am this morning panicking because of a spike and a new noise. So my masker went on. The good news is that it was gone this morning and back to baseline. The bad news is that it ruined my day.

Another positive is that I have had some spells of 'silence' return whilst resting which I didn't think I'd get again. However, a negative is that I seem to get spikes for some minutes after coming indoors from outside exposure or if the extractor fan is on over the cooker. Hope this won't be forever.

I still have fearful, tearful days. Good and bad, up and down. I've have been out and about more though and I'm trying to move forward but I'm still not 'there' yet. I've been battling for over a year now. What a waste of time. But we don't choose these things do we. Who would?

Some days ago, I went to an over 30s singles night but the DJ had the music so loud, I could not stay even with earplugs in.

Lastly, I'm trying to get back into some kind of work even if it is voluntary for now.

My T still mainly bothers me in my bedroom and I still envy all those who don't have to go through all this crap in the first place.

Jonathan

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi ukjohn,
      Great to hear you have had some quiet days and no reason you wont get more.
      Well done going a while with out your maskers so just use them as and when if get a spike and want pop it in.
      Back to work! Thats a great move forward and your confidence will grow and grow .Onwards and upwards....lots of love glynis x