Unbearable Increase in Tinnitus After Taking One Co-Codamol Tablet

Discussion in 'Support' started by meeb, Oct 17, 2017.

1. meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      Three weeks ago I took just one co-codamol tablet and I woke with really loud hissing and a major increase in my baseline tinnitus noise including a louder ring at a slightly lower frequency than the usual higher frequency, it's still there now. Sometimes it fades but not very often.

I hate my life.

2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @meeb ....Sorry to learn of the increase in your T and the suffering it's causing you. However, being that you've had T since 2002, you probably already know that spikes can last for weeks, even months. I'm speaking from many years of personal experience. I had a really severe one once that lasted four months.

I'm sure you also know that anxiety and fear can exacerbate a spike. So, perhaps you can reduce those by reassuring yourself that it's more than likely just temporary. I think the fact that it sometimes fades is an encouraging sign. I know all to well the feeling you expressrd in your statement, "I hate my life."

Take heart, in time, it will more than likely subside back to your previous baseline level.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      I hope it does, each days getting more difficult, thank you for your response I found it helped.