Unknown Cause of Tinnitus in One Ear — 21 Years Old

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KP864, May 9, 2020.

1. KP864

KP864 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I am 21 years old and have no prior issues with my ears at all. About 5 months ago I noticed ringing in my left ear and ignored it for a while but it got worse. I do not have any consistent pain, some aching here and there. I was given antibiotics and steroids to clear fluid that my GP said she suspected but it did not help.

So I went to an ENT and long story short after a hearing test and MRI they said everything is normal and there is nothing to do.

However, I just have a hard time believing there isn’t something that is causing this and I know I am not imagining it.

The weirdest symptom that I have not heard anyone else mention having, is that when I press on the back of my ear or the bottoms of my ear (the left one) I hear this sound that I interpret as it sounding like there is water in my ear.

But the ENT said he checked the pressure in my ears and it was normal.

I am also suspect about my tonsillar lymph node right behind my ear that feels (very slightly) harder and larger than it does behind my other ear, although no doctor that I have seen has shared my concern. I have no history of head injuries, lol noises or q-tip usage.

If anyone has any insight or advice on what to do please let me know I would really really appreciate it.

I hear this ringing so loudly all of the time only in the left side and I cannot live with it!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I suspect you're onto something with that sound of water in your ear. -- I would look into things that might help your gum & teeth health, TMJ health, neck health, ear health, eustachian tube health, upper back health, spinal health, sinus health, etc. Most conventional doctors are not going to look beyond superficial tests. NDs and other alternative minded doctors will look for the source of what's causing your tinnitus. So you might want to seek out a reputable practitioner.

I would specifically suggest you look into a technique called nasal specific, gentle upper cervical chiropractic, acupuncture, etc. I would look around to see if you're being hit with an unusual amount of EMFs, such as from smart meters, 5g towers, routers, wifi of all sorts, etc. I would also suggest you look at any number of natural sinus cleansing technqiues, that can have such a huge influence on our ears and tinnitus.

This is just off the top of my head. Many other things to explore as well. Just thought I'd take a minute and give you what I would consider some good initial directions to consider. In case you're interested, THIS POST describes how a man from London got rid of his tinnitus after 14 years by using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

Good luck in figuring this out for yourself!