Unsure If It Is Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ejh, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Ejh

Ejh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello
      I'm Emma and 41 years old. I first noticed a low level hum about 3 weeks ago. It sounded like a car parked outside with its engine running and I was surprised to see no car when I looked out of the window but the sound soon went however the past 4 days it is there almost all of the time. Only when I am indoors can I hear it. The last couple of mornings I've awoken to blissful silence but it's back my mid morning. I have a headache too. I've booked to see doctor in a month but will probably end up booking an on the day appointment before then as I'm feeling anxious about it and what it is. Any advice? Thanks for reading.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes, it is tinnitus. It doesn't mean it's permanent, but it is tinnitus, since you hear a sound that doesn't have an external source.

• Like Like x 1
    3. foliefortuna
      Sweet tooth

foliefortuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Disorder
      Yes, that is tinnitus. I would recommend protecting your ears from loud noise from now on.

• Like Like x 1
    4. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Yup, it's tinnitus. If you haven't had any acoustic trauma or an event that triggered it, it's possibly related to changing hormones (the headaches, too). I wish I had some better advice, but maybe try watching salt a bit and see if that helps. The tinnitus may have something to do with fluid retention and the inner ear.

• Like Like x 1