Unusual Symptom — Itch Induces Ear Twitching

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nik995, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Nik995

Nik995 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

For the past 2-3 years I've experienced twitching/fluttering sensation inside my right ear. It happens sometimes when I swallow or when I snort. Also happens on its own every time when I'm trying to fall asleep which makes it really hard to sleep. Usually takes me 2 - 3 hours to fall asleep because of this. It lasts for 0.5 - 1.5 second which makes it impossible to get used to as it's not constant like other TTTS symptoms. I think it might has to do with sinuses or eustachian tube because when I have nasal drip and take a snort it acts as a trigger. Also if my left palm or left side of my back gets itch it happens. I can make it flutter for longer on my will if i start to tickle my left palm. It is weird.

I need to fix this somehow because it's affecting my work hard as I can't sleep normally.

Thanks
      Nik

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nik995

Nik995 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Help, please.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Have you had any imaging done CT, MRI?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nik995

Nik995 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I haven't. What do you suggest?

5. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I mean I’m just guessing but it sounds like some kind of nerve impingement or something if it’s triggered by your hand and side and you can manipulate it based on your palm.

So probably an MRI of your spine. As far as tinnitus and MRI’s lots of posts on the board about which types of MRI machines to use and avoid etc and using hearing protection. I’d research those beforehand.

Have you talked to a doctor about this at all?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nik995

Nik995 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Its also triggered by my sinuses because it can happen when I snort and feel some mild pressure, like when my nose is stuffed. I have been to the doctors they have checked my ears, everything seems fine to them and they have no clue but gave me a nasal spray and it helps a bit, but does not solve the problem.
      This has started to control my life, the lack of proper sleep in long term and frustration is hard. I really need to solve this.
      Thank you, so much.

7. dmfd

dmfd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I hope your symptoms have gotten better in the time since this post was made, but I was just wondering if you ever had any success on what was causing this?

I have a really bad fluttering / rumbling issue in my right ear that has been on-going for about 4 months now. I have seen 2 ENTs but not getting anywhere unfortunately... My ''spasming ' happens while inhaling and exhaling, but is not caused by airflow. It also happens when noises are semi loud, or it will just start fluttering and spasming on its own. It is absolutely horrible to deal with on top of my tinnitus... seems like it's coming from my middle ear, maybe a bit deeper but I can't really tell. It is constant though, since it has started, it has not stopped. I can barely stand breathing lol. Like I said, it's not caused by air from breathing though, just from the movement of breathing.