Update on Me: My Tinnitus Changed, but It's Getting Better.

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 10, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Ive had tinnitus for 6 weeks. At this point I consider it permanent and I'm trying my best to get used to it. This is how my tinnitus has changed from week 1 to right now.

Week 1: Very mild tinnitus. Ringing in ears that could only be heard at night. Wasn't bothersome and I still slept well.

Week 2: My tinnitus became reactive. So when I hear running water or air conditioner my tinnitus would louder. Bothered me in the day but I was just annoyed and not sad at all. But I was scared of the future. I was still able to sleep well.

Week 3: Same as week 2.

Week 4: Tinnitus from week 1 gets really loud one afternoon after lunch. My reactive T was either gone or I wasn't paying attention it. But I did have a loud buzzing throughout the day. This is when it become intrusive. I stopped playing video games and watching new TV series and just stayed in bed all day with a sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" playing in my Xbox all day so I would be in silence. I became extremely sad and didn't go a day without cry and had lots anxiety. Became even more concerned with my future. And I was lucky if I had 4-5 hours as sleep because at this point tinnitus kept popping up on my dreams and waking me up. This happened 5 times a night and it the tinnitus was loud for a while whenever I would wake up but would subside after 20-30 minutes.

Week 4.5: Somehow days after the tinnitus got intrusive I got a new tinnitus. It was reactive and it instead of a ringing sound, it was the sound of an amber alert. This lasted a couple of days and it is either gone or really faded. I'm scared to check if it is there. At this point, I make my Tinnitus Talk account because I need advice and I'm was really scared.

Week 5-6: I kept repeating to myself "I hear my tinnitus but I don't care". Which was a lie obviously, but eventually this led to me paying less attention to my tinnitus and I have notice it's less loud. Is it because I lied to myself? Maybe, or maybe not. Anyways. These last 2 days have been easier on me. I'm kind of back to week 2 where my reactive tinnitus is back and it's a ringing instead of an amber alert. The loud buzzing I got on week 4 that was the start of the sadness and all is a bit quieter. I've gone a while without noticing my T or reacting to it. Past 2 nights have been easier as well. I only woke up because of my tinnitus once and I even almost got a full nights sleep last night but a storm (not tinnitus) woke me up. I've woken up in the middle of night and I can swear my tinnitus is either really faded or gone. My tinnitus has also been weird too. In the mornings I can swear I can hear crickets instead of a ringing in my reactive T. But then it becomes a ringing again.

Anyways. That's me right now. My reaction to new sounds or a change is has gone from "Oh no a change I'm scared" too " wow a change how annoying". I'm doing better now. Sometimes I do realize that's I'm going to live with this forever and it leads me to a moment of sadness but I usually forget about it and keep on with my day. I can't say I'm used to it cause I'm not. But I'm hoping I get better. I'm back to playing videos games and watching Tv shows and haven't cried in a week. I'm a better than I was a week or 2 ago, that's for sure.

Sorry for the long post

• Like Like x 2
    2. MidnightOilAudio
      Ape-like

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Don't be sorry! Writing is very therapeutic. If it makes you feel better to write a post, long or short, do it! Life will go on, I promise it will get better.

3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      You're doing very well for someone who has had tinnitus for only 6 weeks. By the way, your subconscious doesn't know that you're lying to it when you say, "I hear my tinnitus but I don't care." One day you'll say those words, and then you'll suddenly realize, "Hey, I really don't care!" ;)

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Glad you're getting better! Also, love them video-games! What games do you play?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Right now I'm currently playing Destiny and the new Mad Max. Sometimes Diablo 3 when I can. I'm just waiting for Fallout 4! :)

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Nice! You on PS4 or Xbone?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Xbox One. :)

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Nice PM me your tag, can add you right now.

• Like Like x 1
    9. matfromaust
      Procrastinating

matfromaust Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax/Flu
      Hey guys, saw you guys talking about videos games. I just got myself an xbox one last week and have yet to make any friends on there. I got forza 6 and battlefield 4. I'm in Australia thought and you guys would probably be on the other side of the world?

10. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Hey we got T around the same time and it sounds like were in similar boats. T for me fluctuates between different sounds and is reactive around certain sounds like fans and certain running water but not all. So much of this is a mental game it seems like staying positive and calm are hugely important, of course that's easier said than done, these days it takes very little to ramp up my anxiety.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      DUDE!! That's exactly where I am!!! My reactive T isn't with me all the time as well!! I hear with a fan but it's kind of quieter compared to when it started but still noticeable. Running water as well affects me and flushing the toilet too. Sometimes when I'm in bed I don't hear it and sometimes I do. I don't hear it when I'm outside most of the time. The thing I mostly hear is the constant buzzing. Which can be masked sometimes.

12. debojyoti1303

debojyoti1303 Member

Is it loud or mild?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Somewhere in between. I do hear it through most of the day. 2 weeks I heard it 24/7 for sure. Now I can go just a bit without noticing.

14. debojyoti1303

debojyoti1303 Member

My age is just 19. I left eardrum has swollen since last 3 days and since yesterday evening, tinnitus has started. The noise is quite loud and its annoying! But my family doctor said this is a common thing it will go away within 3 days. Please give some suggestions. I don't want to live my life with this.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Don't know what to tell you man. I'm sorry. But by the looks of it should go away if it's because you eardrum is swollen. Mine by the looks of it is permanent. I can't tell you any suggestions because I did nothing for my tinnitus. No masking, or any medication. I just stayed home in bed listening to it and eventually reacted to it differently.

16. debojyoti1303

debojyoti1303 Member

Okay. I hope mine one gets better because I am hell scared right now