Update on my progress

Discussion in 'Support' started by Carlos1, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Its been 5 months since the dreaded T its been a horrible ride. After 5 months I am now at a point of acceptance and lately over the past couple weeks my T has actually gotten lower not sure if its habituation or my routine that I've been sticking too.
      I know how terrible it is and for the new commers hang in there it will get better.
      Prayers are with eveyone.

• Like Like x 7
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Great news, Carlos. Your update is a boost of hope for newer sufferers that they know it is possible to get better when given time. Acceptance is a powerful thing. For my ultra high pitch loud tinnitus and piercingly hurtful tinnitus, I had to learn acceptance or else it would have been endless misery. Once I decided to accept my T & H, my anxiety and panic attacks just faded and I was able to relax and go back to living my life again. Gradually, the brain agrees with me and learns to ignore T because it does not perceive it as a threat. That is how habituation comes about for me. Congrats to your progress and thanks for the update. You are right. Just hang in there. It can get better over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      What IS this good routine of yours, Carlos?

4. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Carlos, way to go dude!! Thanks for updating us! So stoked you are starting to habituate! I just posted about that in "Success Stories". It took me a bit longer, but it happened (is happening) for me as well. Although I never thought it was possible! Stay strong and I pray you continue to deal with your T better and better! Peace!!

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Well my routine for the last i'd say 3 months or so has been
      Excersise
      B12
      Ginko Baloba
      Muliti Vit
      For help with sleep I take Melotonin 5mg TR and .5 ativan I usual get a good 6-7 hrs of sleep.

Sleep for me is truely the key when I sleep well the T is at its lowest in the morning.
      I also just feel that my body and mind is finnaly adjusting don't get me wrong I still have bad days but they seem far and few.....
      People always tell me to just try to ignore it but till you have T you really don't understand what T sufferers go through.
      Hope and pray eveyone progresses ....Stay Strong

• Like Like x 3