Author
Benefactor
Dec 5, 2013
Boston
Tinnitus Since
08/2013
Cause of Tinnitus
Root Canal
Its been 5 months since the dreaded T its been a horrible ride. After 5 months I am now at a point of acceptance and lately over the past couple weeks my T has actually gotten lower not sure if its habituation or my routine that I've been sticking too.
I know how terrible it is and for the new commers hang in there it will get better.
Prayers are with eveyone.

Great news, Carlos. Your update is a boost of hope for newer sufferers that they know it is possible to get better when given time. Acceptance is a powerful thing. For my ultra high pitch loud tinnitus and piercingly hurtful tinnitus, I had to learn acceptance or else it would have been endless misery. Once I decided to accept my T & H, my anxiety and panic attacks just faded and I was able to relax and go back to living my life again. Gradually, the brain agrees with me and learns to ignore T because it does not perceive it as a threat. That is how habituation comes about for me. Congrats to your progress and thanks for the update. You are right. Just hang in there. It can get better over time.

Carlos, way to go dude!! Thanks for updating us! So stoked you are starting to habituate! I just posted about that in "Success Stories". It took me a bit longer, but it happened (is happening) for me as well. Although I never thought it was possible! Stay strong and I pray you continue to deal with your T better and better! Peace!!

What IS this good routine of yours, Carlos?

Well my routine for the last i'd say 3 months or so has been
Excersise
B12
Ginko Baloba
Muliti Vit
For help with sleep I take Melotonin 5mg TR and .5 ativan I usual get a good 6-7 hrs of sleep.

Sleep for me is truely the key when I sleep well the T is at its lowest in the morning.
I also just feel that my body and mind is finnaly adjusting don't get me wrong I still have bad days but they seem far and few.....
People always tell me to just try to ignore it but till you have T you really don't understand what T sufferers go through.
Hope and pray eveyone progresses ....Stay Strong

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now