Update on My Tinnitus Attack. It Is Going Away.

Discussion in 'Support' started by robinbird, May 2, 2015.

1. robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      I thought you would like to read some positive news. Last February I came down with this alien attack in my right ear, a noise that shook me to my core. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. It was a hellish experience. Now, a little over two months, it is going away. Everyday, it has gotten better and better. Today I have a soft, breezy air-like sound going on in my ear and sometimes it sounds like water gently flowing over stones in a brook. The volume is very low. Sometimes now, I even forget about it. I had a CT scan done last week. I have not gotten the results of it back but it was described by the ENT as Pulsatile T. I did not do anything different in my life back in February that may have caused this attack. I did however, not feel well a week prior. So, maybe I had a virus or something? My ears were much more sensitive to sound, especially pots and pans hitting each other. But, that is also going away. It is noteworthy that my PCP told me to just purchase hearing aids and it would all be ok. I am not sure hearing aids are for me, at least not right now in my life. It is a huge investment, but it may be that once again, just another Dr trying to dismiss the severity of tinnitus. I decided to seek out the ENT myself. Things could change for me, but I think according to the way my body is behaving lately, I think, my body is healing itself. I hope so anyway. Just wanted to share this with you all. Feel free to message me if you want to hear more about my symptoms, etc.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      That is great news, Robin! I hope it continues to get quieter. Please do keep us posted, and if it totally goes away, be sure to share it with us as a "Success Story".

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    3. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Awesome news Robin. I too, have had my T lower substantially since the onset. I have the same sound as you do at this point. I do however continue to have the spikes. But for the most part, I seem to be doing better.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      robinbird
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. I will keep you posted and have every intention of remaining on TT. ❤️

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      robinbird
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am very happy for you. I did have some spikes several weeks back. But that seems to have ended. Sounds like you are on you road to peace. ❤️

6. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      So glad for you, @robinbird! I hope that your condition will continue to improve...(y)

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      robinbird
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bless you. I hope everyone suffering from this T will get relief soon.