Update on My Tinnitus :) The Ringing Is Much Lower

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ãlex68788998, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      Feeling much better since I got T 2 months ago. The ringing had lower very much since I got it. Since than I have wondered if my T is going to completely go away, what are your thoughts?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      how loud is it now? can you hear it in shower?

it can go away, for some people it do

3. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Great to hear this and for taking the time to post it rather than drifting away, it shows some cases can improve or resolve.

I am nearly four months in, and it feels better too. Sometimes the sound can go very shallow now.

4. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      I pray it does go away for you... I had mine for a month now and it has gotten better.. The past 2 days was much lower but today seems to have gotten up a little .. Still is not as intrusive as the beginning... I'm hoping mine goes as well too!!!!! Best of luck...

5. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      My brother got loud T and after two months it went down so low he can hardly hear it anymore. That was a few years ago and it has not increased. I got my T six weeks ago. I am hoping that at two months mine will do the same. My sister's went away after three months. Good luck, Alex. I'm hoping everything goes well for you.

6. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @Barbara777 thats great news and a message of hope for all us newbies here....! What was the cause of you and your relatives T? Any hearing loss?

7. Barbara777

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Rina,

My brother has high frequency hearing loss, and for two months he said it was very loud. Then after that it got so much lower he hardly hears it anymore. My sister's T was caused by stress. She was going through a really hard time in her life. I have high frequency hearing loss also. I've had it for

8. Barbara777

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Sorry..I hit the wrong button. I've had my high frequency hearing loss for a few years and one day I just woke up with T. I am keeping my fingers crossed it does the same thing as my brother and sister.

9. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      I have some hearing loss for 5 years on my right ear and never had T. Never had T before. Mine came after I had numbness on my face for a few days and bad pressure in my brain then T came... It has gotten lower since I got it a month ago but sometimes it gets a little louder... I'm hoping it does go away on its own soon.... @Barbara777

10. Barbara777

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      My T started 6 weeks ago and has been a high pitch screech with very few low moments. I just hope the tone and loudness change soon. Hearing aids seem to make the sound worse for me.

11. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?

A test at work showed i had some high frequency hearing loss as well,when i take a test online i can't hear the ones above 14KHz.I know it could be due to my laptop not being able to produce the sounds,but not being able to produce 15KHz?.Anyway this is the test i use : http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/
      maybe anyone else can confirm it's either a bad test or i'm really losing high frequency sound?.I can hear them but only in my head lol.(high frequencies that is)

12. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Face numbness? Have you had an MRI?

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @NiNyu I'm having and MRI and a mra this coming Thursday... Hopefully the doctor find a cause and we can treated

• Like Like x 1
    14. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @Rina , although doctors are very likely going to tell you the opposite I somehow hope they'll find something. Because then they can at least treat you properly and there might be a cure for you. Good luck and don't forget the earplugs.

15. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Thanks @NiNyu !!!! I will update you in the results!!!!