Upper Arm Tendonitis

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Stuart-T, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      I noticed 2 months ago it is painful when I move my left arm in certain ways. Stretching the arm to reach something. Fitting a light bulb - no way as I can't reach up, too painful. Getting dressed - I have had to change the way I put on shirts and coats to avoid pain. The pain is really on the side and reverse of the upper arms level, more or less with the inner bicep. The pain is quite severe - it kind of comes in a crescendo and takes maybe 30 seconds to subside. I have been to a physio who said I have an impingement - and gave me some exercises which I am doing but no improvement.

If it does not get worse, I can live with it - but it is difficult. My mum asked me to put some curtains up for her and I had to say no due to my arm.

Has anyone on this board had similar and it got better? If so - how?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      OK - I think I have an answer for myself.

Repetitive strain injury. I am in mail order and pack 150 orders a week - using the same action - a tape gun which requires both hands and arms to operate it. I noticed that I use my left arm triceps a lot to hold the packet firm while I am drawing tape across it.

I am now using a desktop tape dispenser - it is less satisfactory as a packing method but I want to try and clear this condition.