Ups and Downs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitry, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dmitry
      Creative

Dmitry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      How does everyone else generally react to tinnitus generally?
      Sorry I am new so might not be very knowledgeable.
      Its like everyday is a battle with this condition and some times I just feel soooo useless, depressed and anxious at the same time. I have even gone to the extent of counting how many days I probably will have to live!
      Yet other times I feel almost at peace even when my tinnitus can be heard loudly. I literally treasure these moments and feel like I'm part of normal society/ life again.
      I was wondering what everyone else's daily emotions are like? Are they fixed or is each day a battle?

2. Hendre Vlad
      Haunting

Hendre Vlad Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicine , noise induced.
      Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain, We all sometimes fell like that its hard to cope with this condition...your silence stripped away from you , all in just one mear second...but find happines in the thing you enjoy,i always like to listen to the ocean fell its breaze....or go to the mountains..in the forests..always calms me..but never can enjoy that silence that i used to..the crack of branchez and trees....Plus you have much to live for, just smile dont let ppl see you are having a bad time dont let this control your life.....maybe in a few years..it will be all over and we will al be cured

• Like Like x 1
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I created the below and it depicts mine pretty well.

The more time that has passed, the more stable the reaction to it has become.

ytN3QsW.png

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lynnette
      Blah

Lynnette Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 2013
      Markku I'm curious for the reason regarding the spikes on your graph...was it due to a stressful time in your life or just a tough month accepting the T again? Just from my own experience I know there are good days and bad so I'm sure this applies to months as well over time.

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      What great replies to Dmitry's question. Thanks Hendre and Markku. Love the graph Markku. By the way... What happened at month 11? I see a sudden spike in the graph.

So Dmitry, I would say the way you feel is pretty much how we all felt (although I didn't feel much peace in my first two months). That's why we all ended up here, trying to make sense of this roller coaster ride. My experience was that I had to get control of the extreme anxiety and also learn to accept that I had T, that it wasn't going to magically go away, before I could move forward into healing. Seven months later, I still have days where it is a battle. But I have a lot less of them. I still can do all of the things I love to do and try new things. Tinnitus does not run my life. I do, but accept that T is there tagging along for the ride.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I had a wery mild t for 17 years I had forgotten all about it.Then a virus and and a lot of dentistwork amalgansanering
      have hurt my ears. I am 61 have smal children but feel like 20 have had a fantastic life. Now it sucks I use widex zen to go without them I was lost I was in the beginning.Every day is a battle this condition has really disturbed my life.I feel
      my life is some kind of waiting for what a cure.We should have waited some years.But we have to stay alive.

7. Lynnette
      Blah

Lynnette Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 2013
      Jes how do you like your wides Zen maskers?

8. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      Hi everyone. I do hope that we all will not have tinnitus someday. :beeranimation:

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitry
      Creative

Dmitry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I hope so too:s

I have a question about these articles:
      http://www.avclub.com/article/scientists-may-have-found-the-cure-for-deafness-ca-103636
      http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19570024

There is obviously research going into tinnitus alone for a cure.
      But I was wondering if "deafness" gets cured.would that eliminate the tinnitus loudness etc?
      Apologize for my.lack of knowledge:)
      And if there has already have been success in using human results in mice/gerbils...why is it taking so long to build this research into humans?

10. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      It is mentioned in the article that the part of the ear where they have to locate the cells is very tiny and they have no idea how to approach it. Probably it will take years and years to build it to humans.. Also, who would want to volunteer for such a project? I sure wouldnt..