Usage of Electronics

Discussion in 'Support' started by kiran kumar, Dec 8, 2015.

1. kiran kumar

kiran kumar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild hearing loss
      Hi everyone

This is kiran... I got T in july... Now it's not annoying as much as it does before

I am a mobile phone lover.. I mostly use my mobile 9 hrs a day.. And i don't watch tv or don't use laptop or anything except mobile

So is this makes things worse.. Or can i proceed??

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I can 't say anything with certainty, as there are no published scientific articles that prove that the extensive use of the mobile phone
      1) can causes T
      2) can worsen a pre-existing T
      (and I doubt that such scientific articles will ever surface even if studies were made and such conclusions were drawn, because the cell phone companies make so much money that they can bribe anybody to stop publishing those articles)
      but I belive in both statements.
      The sounds of the cell phones are not natural and our ears are not made to cope with processing them, so I believe that hearing cell phone sounds extensively is damaging for the health of the brain and of the ears.

...in the same way that watching closely and very focused a display for many hours is damaging for the eyes, while seeing a natural landscape will not harm your eyes in any way, not even making them tired.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forums Kiran.
      I would use the hands free setting if on the phone a long time give your ears a break and see if it helps at all...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Agree with both above, I use hands free when talking as it is not natural and hurts my ears. I get hearing dullness straight after using a mobile phone to my ear.

As Dana says the sounds are not quite right. Maybe it comes from having T longer but if I listen to low quality audio sources for any length of time I spike. Doesn't help the wallet any as I can't buy cheap audio equipment.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kiran kumar

kiran kumar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild hearing loss
      I use my mobile only for Internet... And long back I've thrown out my headphones :)