Vacation From Hell

Discussion in 'Support' started by LeQuack, Jun 3, 2015.

1. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I used to 'dare' by T & H in order to go out to 're-enjoy' my life doing things I used to like to do. It was very hard at first and I was always worrying if things would get worst. But eventually it got better and better. At least I know I was winning the psychological battle by not letting T & H dictate my life. Everyone will have to decide when he or she will be ready to start your 'D Day' again the T tyranny to claim back your life. But it should be your goal to 'strike back' at T at some point when you think you are ready mentally and physically.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      • Like Like x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Dan, what is psychological T? I am struggling myself about this. I have some better days behind me since I had some days off work. T is always the same, but I can go through my day more or less. But tomorrow is working again, pressuring customers, pressuring managers and so on. I could even retire (with 46) or take a package. But I fear sitting at home listening whole day to my T.
      My T was brought up by stress, maybe even by my work. But I don't know. It just started in a stressful moment.
      A Neurologist once told me, as soon as I have my burnout/depression under control, symptoms (including T) will disappear. But I fear, whatever I do regarding my job, life etc. T will not disappear, if psychologically caused or whatever the reason was.
      I guess, once you have this BS, it will stay - until a drug is found.
      So what is psychological T or T with psychological origin?

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Psychological T means, in laymans terms that your T is being generated by your limbic system and not your auditory brain parts. It means the signal got trapped in the limbic loop-
      Insular-amygdala-parahippocampus.....on repeat mode.
      Neurologically the brain is Ok, but psycho-emotional areas are still compromised.
      Your fear plays a role to fuel that loop. Your neurologist might have a point.

• Informative Informative x 2