Valdoxan Anyone? Any Other Medications That Help? CBN?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by object16, Dec 18, 2014.

1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      My main issue is sleep, and I know drugs are not the answer, but however, I cannot sleep at all, without meds. Has anyone tried Valdoxan? And does it help, and with what dose. What about lyrica. Seroquel? Mirtazapine? these are all meds that I have been using, I just wonder if anyone has found any meds to help sleep for the long term, or will these meds all kill me, and I have to get off them asap?
      I made myself some CBN which is supposedly a highly sedative breakdown product of THC. I made some for myself last night, and managed to get some sleep, but I also want to make sure I avoid ototoxic effects.

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I've tried it.
      Valdoxan is an AD (yeah, right) - works as a precursor to melatonin. It was effective for about 10 days (for sleep) then started to lose its effectiveness, pretty much like any other drug.
      Useless as an AD, a waste of money (and valdoxan is an expensive one, since it's still under patent).

3. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @object16
      Mirtazapine can be used as sleep aid (already in lower dosage like 15 mg) and as an AD.
      Note: I have loud high-pitched T. Mirtazapine knocks me out.
      But I was always a robust sleeper and I sleep very well.
      Because sleep time is the only time I do not hear my T.
      So sometimes I think that T is not the reason why people cannot sleep, but the anxiety or stress about it.
      But who am I? I can sleep well, but have serious problems with the dog whistle during the day.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      alright, so I won't give up on mirtazapine. my doses are pretty high 90mg of mirt with 300 lyrica and 300 seroquel. but i guess as long as i am functioning, probably that's what i'll stick to, supplemented with Valdoxan, although it seems like no single drug is good long term. that's why i'm interested in rotating drugs and not staying on any single one for a long time.

5. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Yes, pretty high with 90 mg of Mirt. I don't know about the two others.
      My main issue is anxiety. I take 45 mg of Mirt. But sometimes anxiety is overwhelming and I take a benzo. What med are you taking against anxiety?
      Good that you are functioning. I do not really do.

6. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

In the past years, after surgery, i discover casually that THC and MJ lower my T and cure depression. It was helpful to delete benzos from my life before going to bed. The days after was always excellent. Always have seen on many and many website about tinnitus that THC and MJ could develope/ worse tinnitus. In my case was totally false. The legal medication worse the tinnitus! is a psychological issue. If you're tense, you'll go into paranoia. If you can be optimistic you will have immense benefits. I hope to be back soon to smoke a nice gun. :rockingbanana:

7. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @object16 if I were you, I'd prescribe myself some Trobalt...
      Go Team Trobalt!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks very much for the helpful advice. I'm going to slightly cut back on my seroquel/mirt for tonight.
      Last night I slept for 10 hours, and I feel much much better today, actually my tinnitus is at baseline.

as far as anxiety goes, i do mantra chanting, tai ree ree
      also, lyrica is a nice overall sedative which combats anxiety

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i've been taking Valdoxan x 3 per night, the last few night, plus lyrica 300 plus seroquel 300 and i cut back
      mirtazapine to 60mg, and that seems to have worked for me, to be able to get proper sleep, and wake up feeling rested and ready to go.

10. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      Valdoxan+lyrica+seroquel and mirtazapine... at the same time?

11. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Yeah, and the doses are kinda excessive to say the least... I mean, 300mg Seroquel and 300mg Lyrica?

12. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      Is it what the doc has told you to take? Sounds kinda lot to me but i am no doctor.

i remember i took Valdoxan years ago with some other antidepressant and the doctor back then said to me
      "this is heavy sh--- stuff, man, but you are going to need it".
      hard to say if they helped but i got over that depression. then came this new T 2.0.... new shrink with the new meds.
      Life is funny sometimes.

13. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Ive taken Valdoxan only (25 mg a day) for about half a year. Has helped a lot with my generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks, sleep has become better (sleeping issues was a side-effect of my anxiety disorder). It worked in the long term though, after 3-4 months: no immediate result. So far no side-effects as well. My father takes it as well and it works for him - a lot depends on the person so you might have to try different drugs.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yeah, i'm taking a shit load of meds, i know, but i don't seem to have much choice. if my tinnitus settles down, then i will start to taper back. a year ago I was also taking up to 15mg of Imovane on top of all of that. and my doctor doesn't totally agree with the dose but he is kind of stuck, with nothing else that can get me to sleep.

15. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      i have tried all these my opinion stay away.
      mirtazapine yes works in low dose but it is ototoxic and can increase your T.
      Valdoxan lyrica seroquel in my opinion are only side effects and no sleeping aids.
      I bet more in somatic exercise if you lift heights run some km every you will fall in bed and sleep immediately. somatic exercise promotes good sleep.
      Before got T i went t gym and after heavy weight lifts i was sleeping for 12 hours continuously.
      because you have T you will sleep 8 hours not 12 . It's not easy but works.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      sorry , what is this
      THC and MJ ?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I discontinued Seroquel completely. Mirtazapine is cut to 30mg, still take Valdoxan x 2, take Carbamazepine 200mg, Lyrica 300mg. I now take edible THC cannabis - I use an Indica strain, and approx 15mg THC 15mg CBN. the net effect is my sleep has improved, my functioning is much better, and my tinnitus has slowly improved.

18. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Ive been taking Valdoxan for about a year and about a week ago during I routine check I found out that it may have affected my liver as my bilirubin levels where a bit higher than normal. I haven't spoken to my doctor about it yet but in case anyone here takes Valdoxan make sure to get your liver checked say every 6 months :)Or in fact any kind of side effects that ADs or other drugs may give should be checked regularly.

19. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      but did it made a good affect on you ? because i used in some time it but do not feel any possitve effects . nor for sleep nor for anxiety .

20. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      It did but they only became noticeable after taking it regularly (1 pill every night) for 3-4 months. Valdoxan is not a sleeping pill, it is meant to be taken regularly and like other ADs will take time to start working. However people are different so its logical that one pill doesn't have the same effect on everyone.

21. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      But did you used just voldoxan? I used sleeping pills along with valdoxan.for2 weeks but on next day after sleep I feel quite depressed.how about you?

22. ezzy

ezzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paxil?
      I take Ambien nightly for sleep. I know I've been taking it way too long but had insomnia before T and since I got T I cant sleep at all without it. At this point I'd rather get sleep and deal with the long term side effects of Ambien in the future, if I have to.

23. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      But did you used just valdoxan? in the morning no different AD? I used sleeping pills along with valdoxan. For 2 weeks but on next day after sleep I feel quite depressed. How about you?

24. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I simply used valdoxan without other ADs and without sleeping pills. I suggest you speak to your doctor - morning depression can be a result of your depression, sleeping pills and/or valdoxan so only a doctor can give you the right advice.