Valsalva Maneuver Poke Sound When Finishing a Sentence

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tenna, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      So the annual cold is over, and in no way did it affect my t cheers. After first week I just had a sore throat and some ear pain which is expectable. Most subsides, but in my left ear being t onset ear, it started to sometimes sound as there would be a little drop of water splashing around in there. Doctor couldnt see anything but some pressure on the right. The splashing has subsided and now everytime I finish saying a sentence, it will do a 1 second air swoosh, same sound as if you do the vasalva maneuver, not a click but a poke almost. If I put my finger in there, one second after I slowly pull it out it makes the sound.
      Its not painful, just goddamn annoying, any tips and trcks? Maybe its due to wrong use of earplugs I dont kwow hmm = )

2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      My ear has been doing that as well for a while. I first noticed it when I had a bad spike a couple of years ago and it was either always there or it somehow started then. So it could be normal, but I only notice it in my right ear so that's weird. Just another way for our ears to annoy us, I wish evolution would give us something more reliable.

3. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I experience similar sensations. I've given up trying to solve the mystery of these noises cause it's impossible to know.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Mine is not tinnitus related nor spike related at all. so does yours do it everytime you speak and whats the sound? Its a very physical and non phantomlike poke

5. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I'm not English so I probably don't have the accurate words to describe the sounds I feel. They are not T sounds, it's "physical reaction sounds". It's crackling, cramps, vibrations and all sorts of weird noises. I don't need to hold my nose to achieve the vasalva maneuver, I just hold my throat muscle and all sorts of crunching noises appear. I've also felt like I have liquid floating around inside my ear but the ENT couldn't identify any. I'm 100% positive that ENT's can't see everything with their instruments, we need a more advanced MRI technology, that's for sure cause something is going on in there. If it's not in the inner ear perhaps it's between the scull and the thick ear bone. Anyways, trying to solve what it is just by analyzing is pointless and impossible.

6. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Mine sounds like a whooshing sound very similar to what you described, happens slightly after exposure to sound. Like if I snap my finger near my right ear it will be followed by what sound like a rush of air or water. It's also sensitive to touch, the area around my right ear seems to cause it too, as well as increase my tinnitus.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Damn, not one case is the same:(. I dont know ive always seen it as normal sounds when swallowing or vasalva maneuvering, but just not this new one, i hear you two all these different problems are all very strange!
      Just found out if i pull my fingr out of right ear, it makes the pop on left too doh!
      Our ears are evolutionary success lol