Varying Tones Giving Way to a Monotone Hiss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misery, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Over the weekend I attended a dinner in a ballroom with about 200 other adults. There was no music playing, but the talking was quite loud. I didn't have my ear plugs in and I stayed in the room for about an hour and a half. After I left the room I noticed my ears hissed more than usual. I kicked myself, not literally, for not using my earplugs. Today, I have a slight hiss that seems to emanate from my head and not from my ears. My left ear is my primary T ear. The varying tones that I would hear in my left ear have subsided. The course of any one person's T is so varied. I'm finding my current situation slightly more annoying during waking hours, but far less annoying when trying to fall asleep.

2. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Being around talking for one hour will not hurt your ears

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Not just talking. 200 people I'm a small room talking over one another. It was LOUD.

4. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hello Misery:) Im sorry your T has changed. However, after getting tinnitus I also attended a few parties without plugs (also a bar, a loud bar), mostly because I didnt know that one has to wear plugs. My tinnitus got louder for the night and the following day, but then came back down. Naturally, now I wear plugs and am more careful. However, Im hoping if you keep your ears safe it will go down :) Sometimes that happens too. And carry plugs with where ever you go. I only have on pair (33 db) plugs, they are quite invisible. Also they block out louder sounds, but I can hear speech with them very well. I also use them in cafes, restaurants etc (if necessary). Normally the plugs have a small carrying case with them that you can out in your purse.

5. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Me too. I always carry my plugs anywhere and everywhere. However, as I can hear my voice louder with plugs in, people have trouble hearing me when I speak because then I speak softer. I find it a bother at times.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Thank you @Stina and @shan. I appreciate your support. It seems my T is at an all time low now. This past weekend I was so nervous after being with all the noisy people, but I'm felling good now. I think the acoustics in that ball room weren't good.

7. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Good to hear! :)