Videos of Games + Misc.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by coffee_girl, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Impressive. How hot does it run?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      You ought to open a youtube channel with walkthroughs on making this stuff, you are next level. I'm just your average tinker-er. My computers can play overwatch/battlefield v/COD on maximum graphics...which is why i have them made.

3. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Benchmarking in Heaven
      (non delided)
      CPU temp max avg 55c
      GPU temp max avg 72c

Fortnite avg fps 4k max settings 56fps
      BF1 avg fps 4k max settings 90fps

• Like Like x 2
    4. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      That's not bad, I tend to lean towards full tower builds myself because of the airflow. Are you overclocking or at stock?

5. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aww, thanks. I've got two channels at the moment. One on books (art books, photography books, notebooks, Harry Potter books) and another on tech, from Apple products to polaroid cameras. I hadn't really though of a pc building and modding only channel but maybe I can incorporate it into my tech channel once in a while. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stock. I intentionally stayed with a 8700 non-K processor because the K processor is nearly double the TDP and for 5 more fps, it wasn't worth all that extra heat and noise. also most games are more GPU dependent when running at 4k. When I play Battlefield 1 my CPU is only at 30%-40% usage.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      What are your thoughts on Harry Potter? I read all the books twice, it's definitely a fun series to read and re-read. Hermione is one of my favorite heroines.

8. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Yeah if you're running the resolution 4k it is definitely more GPU bound. Noise isn't really that much of an issue with a bigger case - I leave all of the case/CPU fans at minimum on my rig since even during stress testing it will stay pretty cool.

I'm looking at that at a new build with the i9 9900k & a GeForce RTX 2080 ti but the price/performance is massively underwhelming. Still, my eyes will be glued open on BF/CM for a deal.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    9. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm a big fan of Harry Potter. Went to Harry Potter days at Disneyland, until it go banned, cosplayed as Snape, and so forth. I first watch the movies. I then wanted to read the books because there was a lot more information and details in the books that the movies cut out.

But I wanted to buy one Harry Potter book set and not several as they re-release different versions all the time.

So I waited till a version caught my eye. I really loved the Illustrated deluxe versions. The artwork, the build quality. Two things that are real bonuses to me where books are concerned. So I have the first 3 books at the moment. They release one book a year. I think the 4th one is coming out November. I buy the British versions from England. Just love em to bits.

I connect with the Harry Potter story on different levels. That's why I love it so much. I see myself in many of the characters. And my life resonates with Harry Potter. I lived thru similar challenges he had like losing ones parents earlier than most, trying to be controlled by mean spirited people like he did with the Dursleys, and finding strength and support in friendships and shown kindness from other families. So I may be biased in my fondness of that world.

Also the idea of enrolling in Hogwarts would be a dream come true. I'm positive the sorting hate would assigned me to Ravenclaw. I also really loved Snape's story and his deep love for Lily. It was very moving when he reveals it.

And yes, Hermione is amazing. I really enjoyed the dynamics and how different her relationship was between Harry and Ron. She just kicked so much butt with her wizardry and smarts and always out doing poor Harry and Ron.

I just got the illustrated version of The Tales of Beedle the Bard which I look forward to reading soon.

10. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, I'm still in shock at the price of a 2080 ti when compared to the benchmarks against a 1080 ti. Should have been the same price when the 1080 ti was released. But man RTX looks nice when turned on in BF V or in the Battlefront demo.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Haha yeah, JK Rowling definitely has a way of illustrating that world. I think my favorite heroes were always the girls, they reminded me so much of the girls in my private school...especially Luna, I know a girl like that in real life. Personally I think I belonged in a house that is midway between Gryffindor and Slytherin.

The books FAR outweigh the movies for sure...I'll always remember staying up late at night reading the parts about the quidditch tournaments...she made it seem so fun. My favorite parts of the book were definitely the Christmas decorations and Neville Longbottom's clumsy habits...always makes me laugh.

I also love Snape, his character (and what happened to him) impacted me more than Dumbledore or Harry Potter.

12. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      It's really expensive to charge a premium for a feature that hasn't been released to the public yet. There is no games that are available that can use ray tracing as of today. But boy, does that transition after 11:49 look like night and day in quality though.
      Battlefield V RTX 2080ti Gameplay (No Hud) -...

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
    14. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here's a short clip of me mowing down some people in good ol' BF3 Metro. I played this map for like 4 years every day. I didn't like BF4 just I just kept playing BF3. I still pop in from time to time. There's nothing like knowing every nook and cranny and glitch in a map.

(Warning: loud music, please mute or turn down volume)
      Battlefield 3 MG36 Rampage / AEK Metro fun

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Wow, I used to remember this map... So many good flank routes. Very cool. Are you a fan of bf1?

16. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, Metro is my favorite Map in the entire Battlefield series. The Extreme Noobs server is still packed with 64 players, 24/7. It's just Metro, nothing else. There is no limit on frags so the choke points get grid locked sometimes but what I love to do, and what makes this map unique, is I'm a smoke rusher. I smoke the whole place like a bob Marley concert and I prone my way through the fire fight and setup up spawn beacons in the opposing teams rear flag. Then the cat and mouse game begins of trying to survive and hide spawn beacons everywhere while the rest of the team tries to break thru the choke point. It adds a dynamic no other map has. I have others who will join with me to smoke rush. Its the most fun I've ever had in BF.

I'm absolutely a fan of BF1. I play on AOD's West Coast Vanilla Map server every night for a few hours. Love the Amiens map the most. Im also a pretty decent tanker with the Assault Tank. I play Medic mostly. Unless planes are a problem, then its engineer and a scoped LMG to teach planes a lesson. :LOL:

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I do nothing but medic! I love healing, I always try to go for most revives and heals in a game lol. I'm also a history minor so I'm obsessed with historical games... It excites me more than fiction

18. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For some reason I was never interested in History in High School. It wasn't until later that I really enjoyed it. For the longest time I've had an interest in historical events like WWII, the Wild West and the Renaissance period. Im a museum nerd so I really enjoy seeing artwork visualizing history.

The same goes for movies. Love period pieces. You remember that meme going around where Hitler is going over this map and he's pissed that his Xbox live account got banned?

I finally saw the movie that clips is from. It's a German film called Downfall (Der Untergang). It was amazing.

I also just recently saw Marie Antoinette. Anyways, I'm pretty excited about BF V finally returning back to WWII and then Red Dead Redemption covering the West. I tried playing Verdun but it felt so Alpha.

• Like Like x 2
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Same with me! I LOVE period pieces, one of the reasons why I loved Harry Potter so much was the fact that it reminded me of the times when good writing was an art form, I am a HUGE Jane Austen/Edith Wharton fan and i love everything from that time period. I am also a big fan of the 50s/60s...I sew my own dresses using patterns from that era (1950s-1970s). This was a dress I made inspired from the tv show "Mad Men":

photo1.png

I too am obsessed with WWII, I actually read a book by a holocaust survivor and I actually wrote her a letter and she agreed to have coffee with me! We met up and i got her autograph lol...i'll cherish that book forever. =]

Red Dead Redemption for sure I'll play it... I am a huge fan of westerns, was raised by Clint Eastwood films since my dad thinks it's super "American" (my mother is a Vietnam war refugee, and my dad always tries to Americanize us lol). I am a huge fan of museums as well, visited the louvre a few years ago and loved it!

I'm going to try that Hitler movie you were referencing, I've been kinda wondering about that clip myself! Whoever acted in that role deserves an award lol

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Today i found a blue print for 51TTJX6jT0L._SL250_.jpg . I really want to break out my woodworking tools and make this but i am afraid to =\

21. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've never read Jane Austen’s books but I definitely enjoyed the films based off of them. I even saw About Jane which was great learning about Jane herself. I'm a big fan of the 50s/60s as well. Something instilled in me growing up watching Hitchcock films and my Grandmothers home. That and being a theater student, it comes with the territory. The Movies, clothes, cars and furniture, love it all. The majority of my favorite classic films are from the 50s but I think I like furniture from the 60s a bit more. Your dress came out wonderful. I really like the rectangle top. Something I don’t see often. Great flare, too. Is that a mustard yellow pattern? I like it. Did you see the movie Phantom Thread? Daniel Day-Lewis was amazing and you'd probably love the wardrobe. It’s one of my favorite recent films.

That's amazing you got to meet with a holocaust survivor who also wrote a book about it. I bet her story was remarkable and to be able to meet her in person made it all the more meaningful and personal to you. I'm always moved by them and what they went through. Seeing so many of them at the end of Schindler's List was incredibly moving.

As much as I love Westerns, I’ve never really seen a Clint Eastwood film in its entirety. Do you have a favorite? I’ll give it a go. I just started my Western binge recently. Something I do every couple of years. I just finished Dances with Wolves and now moved on to Wyatt Earp.

Yes, definitely see Downfall. It’s based of off the biography of Hitlers last private secretary, Traudl Junge and recounts what happened in his bunker up until the final end. Something no other film has portrayed. The acting and directing is top notch. It even starts off with an archived interview of her. Really brings light to the internal conflict that we rarely hear of. It won lots of awards and was nominated for an Oscar. Another interesting German WWII film is Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, which is about an incredibly brave girl who was part of the anti-Nazi resistance movement, The White Rose.

22. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      Which are your two channels?

23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Anyone hyped for WoW classic?

24. juliob
      Confused

juliob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressants / Loud Sound Exposure
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Never played WoW, but i loved WC3 and The frozen throne:)

26. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Oh shit! You must be excited because Blizzard is releasing a remaster of it called Warcraft 3 Reforged. They just announced it at Blizzcon.

27. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Unfortunately i don‘t have a pc anymore at home, just ps3 and ps4. Altough i could use my second monitor at work to play warcraft:D

However i surely will check it out when it‘s released:)

You are a WoW fan?:)

28. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So which console does everyone like better? PS4 or Xbox? My last playstation was a ps1, then moved to pc, then tried an xbox one x because of Forza and loved it. I went back to pc but am thinking about getting a console again just for Red Dead Redemption 2. I just wondered what everyones options are between the two consoles.

29. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      @another sean Ps4 all the way. A lot of fantastic exclusives AAA games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, Red Dead redemption, The last of us, horizon zero dawn, shadow of the colossus and many more.

Also the ps4 has a massive indie collection:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anyone get any good games over Black Friday? I picked up Battlefront 2 for $7. It's much better than I originally thought. They've added several maps and now the Last Jedi maps and characters are there. Kinda crazy its only $7 and they still have a roadmap of upcoming stuff. I guess the whole crate/gambling debacle really hit em hard.

I also picked up Forza Horizon 4. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I like it a lot. I love Forza 7 but I always finish last place. haha. But Forza Horizon 4 is an open world racing game so it can be very chill. The map is huge like GTA5 and covers England. Although the whole story line where your character is pretty much the center of the universe is kinda lame, but the driving sim and social features are great and so are the graphics.

Still finding it impossible to find others to play with. Been searching for deaf gaming clans even with no luck. Keep getting kicked cause I can't use a mic.