Viral Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by peterjames, Sep 27, 2016.

1. peterjames

peterjames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral
      Am six weeks in to my Tinnitus journey. I am deliberately not reading some of the negative threads on here as I am trying to remain positive in that my T will clear up sooner rather than later. Mine came from a virus which went from the throat and then into the sinuses and then booooom the T began. Its 24 /7 constant pulsatile T. Spun me right out as anxiety kicked right in and didn't think I can cope however that seems to have calmed down now that I have slightly accepted it might be a long ride.

What I am keen to learn is whether viral T ever goes? I don't see too many threads on this and what the best course of action I can follow to help. I have been to Harley Street to see a top ENT guy and he was as much use as a chocolate kettle. He confirmed I seem to have lost hearing at the very highest pitch on the hearing scale however I wonder if that's because the T was blocking me hearing anything at that pitch.

I have been on Predisalone steroids, anti biotics and nasal spray which all did nothing.

Any positive advice please?

Thanks for your time

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A virus can take a long time clear your system and your ears are the last part to clear.
      It can take a few weeks to settle so try remain positive.
      If you still have it 3-4 months then maybe get seen by ENT.
      Hope since posting your having better luck.

Like your name like Peter James the Authour

.....lots of love glynis