Voltaren (Diclofenac Sodium) Pills for Pain — Experiences? Safe for Tinnitus/Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by vermillion, May 17, 2020.

1. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Greetings to the community,

Does anybody have any experience with Diclofenac pills? It's an NSAID. My doctor prescribed it to me to go on a 5-days course. 50 mg BID.

On ATA's list [https://www.ata.org/sites/default/files/Drugs Associated with Tinnitus 2013_Updated2017.pdf] it's included as ototoxic, but then again it seems that ALL drugs are ototoxic.

Currently I am dealing with a huge regression in regards to tinnitus & hyperacusis, and it's the first time I experience one of such level. I always had flare-ups in the past but I managed to cope. I'll talk about it on another thread. For now I just don't know what to do with the mentioned drug. I really cannot afford more damage.

Thanks.

2. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I tried it once since developing tinnitus for knee and lower back pain from an old injury. It caused me to spike and changed the character of my tinnitus negatively. It wasn’t permanent, but I stopped after one dose. My tinnitus is very reactive to medications though. Many things I’ve tried have aggravated my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Thanks for the reply. I didn't take the pills. I can't deal with more hyperacusis. It's already bad.

• Hug Hug x 1