Waking Up With Absolutely Stupid Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by RaZaH, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      This has always been an issue for me , when I wake up its like I got hit on the head with a baseball bat , and seems to be getting worse ? I mean that quite literally , does not even feel like tinnitus , my whole head just resonates with this insane buzzzz , not a beep or tone just this massive resonating bzzzzzzzzz.
      Its hard to explain , If this was during the whole day I would go mental in a couple of days , so its a 1000 times worse then any T spike.

Takes about 20 min to subside , hour and its gone...but during , its insane !!
      I never ever experience this during the day .

Anyone else ?

2. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Worst when I get up out of bed, not straight away after becoming conscious - just have to power through the morning routine. Fades to normal over about an hour.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      And is it like slightly worse or a million times worse ? I am getting a bit concerned about this as I almost cannot believe that T can be so bad , very physical bzzzzzz , not a sound as much as a sensation.

After it subsides my actual T is not all that high !?

4. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yep, definitely a big part is sensation rather than sound. Doesn't go off like yours though I think. I'm at a 3-4 most days at work now, probably mostly from habituation. When I get up it's an easy 6. I look really miserable first thing in the mornings now, rather than just normal morning miserable :joyful: :coffee:

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Man , my mornings are an 11 . Absolutely unbeliveable.

And Boom , couple of cups of coffee and I am doing ok ?

Bizarre stuff. !?

6. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      sounds vascular; if caffeine alleviates it,( since it's a vasoconstrictor.)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Well, not sure if it was coffee or time that fixed it ...will try to skip coffee tomorrw and see.
      I really dont think that T can be this bad, must be something else.

8. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Just woke up this morning and read this @RaZaH ,(It's 11am Saturday as I write this) and for the past three weeks I have been getting the same thing every weekend on my day or (like this weekend so far) my day's off.

It's like my whole head is reverberating and I'm accompanied by a head ache, it almost feels like a hang over and after about an hour,(like you) it seems to clear up!

This is a complete new thing for me as well, the only thing I noticed is about three weeks ago, a tone that I could only just hear in my right ear since the beginning of my T, started to get more pronounced about three weeks ago now and I have noted that the reverberating noise that is hitting first thing in the morning is that same tone except ten fold and through my whole head!

Some things of note.

: During the week, (from Monday to Saturday) I get about 6 hours of sleep, broken by on average of two wake up's a night.

: For three weeks out of the month, I only get Sunday off and this seems to be happening on my days off when I purposely try and sleep in till late to try and catch up on the ton of sleep that I'm missing out on during the week.

: I am waking up several times through the morning until I get up.

: This morning was my first Saturday off since this new thing started and bang! It happens today as well!

@RaZaH , I would like to know whats going on as well, I am kind of glad that someone else on here seems to be experiencing the same thing as it is kinda horrible!

Maybe between the both of us, we can find a reason why this is happening.

Rich

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yeah man , this is something else entirely , it has always been like this for me though.
      It is just getting ridicilous these past few weeks , thats why I posted.
      This morning completely took the prize as the worst ever , actually it has the side effect of me beingquite content with my regular T compared to this soundstorm.

Only possible correlation /cause I can possibly think of is that I had some very salty onion rings last night ?
      I do not look forward to waking up tomorrow.

yes, we should try and figure this thing out.

10. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @RaZaH , Is it happening to you every morning?

I'm not sure if I made it clear enough that it doesn't happen to me during the week, only in the weekend.

I am wondering if it's anything to do with sleeping so long or longer than my body needs?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yes , mornings have always been variously ridicilous,having said that , my sleep is messed up.
      Maybe I sleep to long ? Its been almost 3 years for me so I have completely lost track of anything that might make this worse or better.

12. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      That's scary,
      I love my sleep ins, if this is going to last for the rest of my T life, I shudder to think about that one!

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @nogood mentions on this thread https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/would-you-pay-2800-for-a-chance-at-clearing-your-tinnitus.7938/
      That very high T in the morning and T all over the place in terms of loudness could be caused by TMJ? That pretty much describes my T.
      Maybe he can pop into this thread and explain ?

I do have this weird habit of straining my jaw to one side sometimes , also sleep with my mouth wide open because I cannot properly breathe through my nose. I remember having insane jaw tension for a few days before my T started. Grasping at straws here , but ... yeah.

14. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You never know, I also have a habit of clenching my teeth when I'm asleep but have never related it to my T because I had T long before I started teeth clenching, but then again, it may have something to do with the increase in T intensity over the past few years!

Be good if @nogood could chime in on this one!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      My T goes from virtually silent to exruciating , all in one day , basically all over the place. Yours ?

16. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      No not really, it goes in weekly cycles really, it can be bad for two to three days then change pitch to near silence for a day or two then each ear will have a turn at being predominant, all though it does change volume slightly through out the day but not majorly, but always there unfortunately!

17. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey RichL, that's a very clear response.

Did you ever listen to Kodomo, Concept 1?

18. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      No, I hadn't even really heard of it.
      But as I type, I am listening now, very smooth!

Why do you ask, do you see some kind of connection?

19. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @RaZaH

I have a low frequency drone that not only sounds like a generator noise but it also has this physical feeling, causing vibration through my head.

Are you talking about the same thing?

20. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Don't know if @RaZaH is @valeri but mine isn't like that, all though I do hear a low hum,(just audible) exactly like a generator noise as well sometimes, which I cannot find the source of, so at times I wonder if it's in my head or part of my Tinnitus.

21. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      hi @RaZaH @RichL
      i did went to a dentist, confirmed that i have tmj issues and crowded teeth on my left side.
      plan to do the extraction next month. one more tooth is coming out so wait for it to come out completely to i dont need a surgery, just plain old extraction [cheaper that way].
      [ i do heavily take fish oil, garlic pills and with other supplements like serapeptase and nattokinase since i have a heart condition --- i am ok now.. can run up to 3km a day now. i need to cut down on these supplements before i can have my tooth extracted. ]

yes my T is all over the place at times, crickets, painful inner ears, high pitch whistle, loud static noise, weird tonal components at time.

after tracking down my pattern of T and TMJ issues.
      loud T = less painful or no pain jaws and easy movement
      low T = painful jaws or locked jaws

weird enough one night i actually felt that i am closing/clenching my mouth so tight that it hurts, could not confirm cause i was in deep sleep, may be in lucid state cause of beer/melaotin.

what does help me is my sonic tooth brush and this exercise or procedure. Very simple-simply push your wisdom tooth downward [not top hard ok..dont want to dislocate your jaws.] and hold on to it for a while [5-10 sec at a time], or bite on something bit hard at back or the mouth, i think it helps realign the jaws into the socket or relaxes .
      Treatment of Displaced or Dislocated TMJ.mp4

Exercising like running and jump rope does help, [maybe to relax and de-stress]

edit:this one is the link i wanted to share.
      Repositioning Dislocated Temporomandibular Joints

22. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      @RaZaH @RichL
      meet an myofascial surgeon
      after xray and ct scans, and he even took the trouble to bring in an ent to give a consultation. He said alignment and bite is ok. maybe having muscle spasm, due to stress. Before doing anything Invasive he decided to give shot of steroids in the jaws. (intra-articular injection)
      Said its going to be very painful for next one week.
      so its day one, pain is not much than wht i have usually. Will see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Thats the EXACT same buzz i get in my right ear. I wake sometimes with it buzzing in time with my girlfriends breathing. Sometimes it pulses, sometimes it's constant. I have a low hum which seems to be contained within the buzz. It comes and goes and is not constant. I have a feeling its Eustachian tube related but i'm not sure.