Waking Up with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, May 14, 2014.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      So after I finally get some sleep at night I wake up in the morning with the T and it is so frustrating! Before I had the T I could wake up with my body still in a relatively relaxed state and, if I wanted to, I could go back to sleep and sleep in on the weekends. Not anymore. Now when I wake up, the stupid T starts up and immediately puts my body into fight-or-flight mode and I can just feel the stress and anxiety in my stomach coming back in one big rush so I am forced to get up and get my day started to get it to stop doing that. Does anyone else experience this?

2. Andrew_89

Andrew_89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2014
      I did at the start Hun what you gotta do is either get up straight away or be like a big f you T I don't give a shit ;) your mind is a powerful tool . Change your thinking to this noise is me being alive

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Yes, this happened to me right at the beginning - I would have to get up straight away. But I easily sleep in now. I hear my T, but it doesn't bothered me. I would try to distract yourself if you hear it when you are asleep - as Andrew said, the mind is a powerful tool.

4. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      It used to happen to me too. Now when I wake up I hear my T but I after I acknowledge it, I can go back to sleep.

Do you have an ipod? There are some podcasts for relaxation on iTunes. Look for Yasmine Buraik's Journey into Relaxation. There is an Autogenic Relaxation that helps with the fight or flight response --it teaches self regulation of the autonomic nervous system. She has others that are very helpful too. I do relaxation and self hypnosis twice a day--morning and night. It felt awkward at first but one gets better with practice. I found this tool when I did CBT. It helps, really.

5. DanielJP
      Curious

DanielJP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      There is also an app called SimplyRain on iOS AppStore. It's relaxing and may help you sleep. Got the recommendation from sound wave here on TT.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Same for me. I have a good sleep, but once awake in the morning, stress immediately starts.
      My stomache hurts and I need directly entering the bathroom.
      After a long, hot shower, things come little bit better.

But today, for whatever reason, had a little panic attack. Too much negative thinking and loud T. I needed taking a Tavor to calm me down. Was my 2nd pill in about 7 months.

7. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Used to be the same for me too. It gets better.

8. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Its really bothersome in mornings. .. esp when waking up...

9. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Yes me to I have good mornings and bad. When the T starts I get hot flashes and sick of my stomach I want to run away from the noise but can't. I put on relaxing music take a shower or bath go for a walk and say a lot of prayers. Keeping busy for me is the key

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well I try to sleep in but that just drives the t's up so I finally give in an go to the shower and spend about 15 minutes in there and then make up my power breakfast in the kitchen. Then its oft to take a few pills (mostly vititmins). I'm trying to get into the mod of going out and get into a health class where I can do some lap swimming and drive down the anxity. My key to keeping this junk at bay is to keep busy but that also gets kind nerve racking. Right now I'm on this site just to see how other people coup with our hidious problem. I have had this stuff for almost 15 years and just in the last four months it has tuned itself up to a point where I had to go see a doctor about it. Forunately I have an angel for an Audiologist who takes a big interest in me and my T"S. She is ordering up some special hearing aids that are not just aids but work with blocking the sound of the T's but also work in conjuction with the TRT program. We are in the process of getting the state to pay for the aids as they are costly and they do not like to pay for higher priced hearing aids with other features. I do notice when I have my regular hearing aids in that the T's are not so pronounced but they are still there. The new aids are suppose to block or hide the T signal with proper setting that are done between the audioligist and the patient. Anyway will let you people know about my success when I get a turn around with this junk!!!!!

11. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Sounds like my mornings.
      I've been through the medicine attempt. Didn't like it. I'm still coming off benzos and it's a bitch. The doctor made me an addict.
      I lift light weights a couple times a week and do cardio a couple times a week, quick and intensely. The anxiety magically left my body. It's wonderful. I guess my body gets all the 'fight' it needs now and actually I don't hear my T as often.
      Body For Life is the exercise program I do.

12. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm going to try something new as a test! In the state of Washington Mariawana is legal and this coming week I'm going to take some pill form of this drug. Not much just enough to see if it will relax the fight or fight syndrome of the T's. I plan on taking it first thing in the morning to see weather it will relax the brain to sped up the process of getting back to sleep or just feeling a little bit more relaxed. Will let you guys know what happens. My dose is very minimal also

13. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      That would be an interesting test for the pill form. Most MJ smokers say smoking it makes their T worse.

14. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have the exact same thing. I can get through the day without T bothering me, unless I need to concentrate in a quiet room or something, but every morning I wake up to a screaming tea kettle and the thought that this is seriously messed up! :/

I'll soon try some more exercise, well - more than nothing at all, to see if it changes anything for the better.

15. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My T used to be there even in my sleep and sometimes became loud enough to wake me. Doesn't seem to any more but I just don't feel bothered by it the same anyway even though it hasn't got any quieter.

• Like Like x 1
    16. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Still wearing my windex hearing aids but no change in t's But the zen features kind of help with the anzity that goes hand in hand with the noise. Not much else new but I have noticed my nerves are a little bit more jumpy.