Walk Like a Drunk Due to Imbalance Problems

Discussion in 'Support' started by Finnigan, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      The imbalance problem can sometimes be embarrassing. Often times I’m so off balanced that I walk like I’ve had one too many. Holding on to the walls, walking side to side...etc...

So yesterday I got a really nasty stare from these two women who walked pasted me and I know one of them mumbled something nasty because I heard them laugh.

If they only knew.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      They dont teach this stuff in school but society is constantly hammered with daily anti alcohol and drug propaganda so that's just what's on peoples minds.

This is also why theres no urgency to find cures for or diseases even though great progress has been made to restore or cochleas and vestibular organ, it is however moving far too slow. Even the Fx322 people have stated that their drug regenerates vestibular hair cells but as far as I can tell there are no plans to test this in humans or get it out there. Lately after doing much research I have determined that all of this scientific research is completely disjointed and uncoordinated. There are human trials that showed a protein called igf-1 can restore hearing in humans, so wheres that going? Why arent the fx322 people trying to cure Meniere's right now or expanding to develope that?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hospital balance physio can help.

love glynis

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Joanne Philps
      Alienated

Joanne Philps Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flight
      I’m the same, walk like a drunken sailor, was bedridden for 4 months in 2017, now hardly walk at all, but I do cycle about 20-25 miles a week and have just started swimming two to three times a week, except today the wobbles and screeching is very bad, have done 4 miles on the bicycle , was planning on swimming tonight but just too wobbly, I hate this!

5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Do you have Meniere's disease?

6. Joanne Philps
      Alienated

Joanne Philps Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flight
      I just don’t know, my ENT doctors have been spectacularly useless in my case, first they said Labyrinthitis then Ménière’s then Vestibular migraine then MdDS and now PPPD! Then they said we can’t help you, goodbye, disgusting way to treat someone but there you go!