Ways to Combat Tinnitus Side Effects from COVID-19 Vaccine?

Discussion in 'Support' started by summitplum, May 7, 2021.

1. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      There are multiple studies, as well as studies including self-reported tinnitus changes. Studies conducted prior to vaccine distribution. Though whether the spike from COVID-19 is permanent is unclear, similar to how it’s unclear whether changes following vaccination are permanent.

“Having COVID-19 symptoms exacerbated tinnitus in 40% of respondents, made no change in 54%, and improved tinnitus in 6%.”

Changes in Tinnitus Experiences During the COVID-19 Pandemic

2. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      None of what you posted is conclusive. Especially the first link in your other post, which was just opinion and piggy backing on the fact viruses can make tinnitus worse. It's just not COVID-19 that can make tinnitus worse. Viruses in general, like the flu, can make tinnitus worse.

Survey samples of people with tinnitus isn't great either in your link. 8% of that 2.9k survey responders said they THINK they had COVID-19 symptoms. 54% of that 8% said their tinnitus was stable. The remaining that felt their tinnitus was worse, we don't know anything about following up now. How much worse, how long, and so forth. I can take a FLU survey and tell you my tinnitus is worse as well, that doesn't accomplish anything.

There are no multiple, actual studies, because little to nothing exists in terms of actual RCT data to say one way or another. All we have is testimonial comments from people with COVID-19 who got tinnitus/worse tinnitus, and people who got the vaccine and got tinnitus/worse tinnitus.

What we do know, is that by practicing safe precautions of washing hands, staying away from sick individuals, boosting our immune system with sufficient Vitamin D, Zinc, and so forth, can help avoid COVID-19 and better resolve COVID-19 with sufficient prophylactic practices well documented today. By taking an experimental mRNA jab that was only approved through emergency usage, thanks to suppression of Ivermectin and HCQ, you're gambling a problem. There's no point.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Within the same vein, we do not have multiple, actual studies that indicate mRNA vaccines make tinnitus worse. We only have what people think in both cases, so should one claim have more validity than the other?

Ironically, there is a thread on Tinnitus Talk claiming vitamin D worsened tinnitus, Invermectin is considered ototoxic and potentially linked to neurological side effects, and HCQ has been also found to cause hearing loss and increase the perception of tinnitus.

Perhaps it’s more a case of risk analysis. Which scenario has the most likely outcome of hearing loss or worsening tinnitus? Right now, that may be a toss up.

4. Fergus

Fergus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 AstraZeneca Vaccine
      Hi there - just wondering if the audiologist provided any advice and / or reason for the tinnitus. Also, has yours improved?

I'm 3.5 months post AstraZeneca jab and have tinnitus when lying down / sitting in certain positions but not when I'm standing up. I have never had tinnitus before & it's driving me nuts!

5. Prongs13

Prongs13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection + Stress Probably
      Unfortunately, he did not really have any advice to offer, it's all so brand new.

My tinnitus was not caused by any of the vaccines. I had gone to visit him to get custom moulded earplugs and the topic of vaccines came up.

6. Joshyboy
      Wishful

Joshyboy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 vaccine
      I’ve had nonstop tinnitus since my second Moderna vaccine in March. 4.5 months now. Been to 4 ENTs, all of them have told me they’ve seen an increase of patients reporting the same thing. It’s sad because it’s not easy for people to report it to VAERS. My sound is high pitched all day. Lying down is even worse because it goes from a 6 to a 7-8. I’ve had 17 acupuncture sessions. Stopped drinking all alcohol. No gluten, salt, caffeine, sugar. Exercise daily. Tried all the recommended vitamins… nothing works. I think I’m going to have to live like this forever. Went from having a great life to very low quality of life all because I got the vaccine.

• Hug Hug x 3
    7. Jon R.

Jon R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 & then again in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st tone 2001 ear plugs, 3 other tones 2021 Pfizer vaccine
      I really hope not, for both our sakes, as I am 3 months in with the same problem, only difference is mine was Pfizer. I am sick of it. I also have distorted sound in my left ear on top of loud hissing on top of a vibrational hum. I want to know what this vaccine has done to me, I don't want to be collateral damage, I want answers. I know I can't sue, but I want to know why this happened and why I wasn't warned, all media on the web is positive about the vaccines, if there was even a chance of tinnitus I would never have taken this given I have had 1 tone tinnitus already that comes out when I have colds (but would go away post colds). I now can't listen to music properly, my ears hiss non-stop, I feel my ears is being penetrated by a hum, and all because I thought I was doing the right thing.

Can anyone give me hope that this might all still go away?

• Hug Hug x 3
    8. SD7
      Angry

SD7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid /June 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vaccine + Noise
      Some individuals have gotten tinnitus and SSHL post vaccine. It for sure gave me reactive tinnitus and I believe made what shouldn’t have been an acoustic trauma deeply worse. I pray that I haven’t done permanent damage.

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      The best Ways to Combat Tinnitus Side Effects from COVID-19 Vaccine are to not have COVID-19 Vaccine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. CaptainCaveman

CaptainCaveman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/19/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Phizer Covid vaccine
      I've never had Tinnitus, until I got 2nd shot of Pfizer vaccine on 4/19/21, that day and for a couple of days, I had a noise that would come and go in left ear, shot was in left arm. On third day the noise stayed on and hasn't gone away. I no longer sleep well, feel like I'm going crazy at times.

11. bansheex

bansheex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer vaccine
      37-year-old healthy male here. This is my 7th week with tinnitus and hyperacusis from the first Pfizer shot (started 4 days after injection, only symptom). I want you all to know that I've researched this as well as I can. My blood pressure and platelet counts are normal, I have no pain or headaches. I was left to my own theories like you after my doctor said there was nothing he could do, and seemed utterly disinterested in running extra blood tests to figure out what is going on. Personally, I find sudden chronic conditions from an injection (rather than injury or birth defect) too worrisome for this "wait and see" approach. There are usually short windows of time for effective treatment of certain things.

I paid out of pocket to have a TNF-a test, which came back normal. So it's not inflammation of the nerves. The next tests I want to pay for are Anticardiolipin-Antibodies and Immunoglobulin Quantitative. Somehow I still think this is some kind of autoimmune dysfunction that can be discovered in the blood. I've been reading that certain kinds of rogue antibodies can disrupt normal functionality, but where? Brain, ears, blood? Could be any of them. I've also read that blood clots have been a major problem on these vaccines and they don't understand why. Could we be experiencing micro-clotting of the tiny vessels near the ear? All the attention has been on clotting that kills people, not lesser degrees of it.

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. SD7
      Angry

SD7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid /June 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vaccine + Noise
      @bansheex, can you explain your hyperacusis symptoms?

13. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      That appears to be correct. The repetition of the word "rare" relates to actual death, which, yes is still pretty rare, but the injury to the still living is not at all "rare". I have seen zero mention of anything neurological other than Bell's Palsy in the Mainstream press, but there are innumerable stories like yours outside the Mainstream.

14. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm generally an outspoken advocate of vaccination (despite being an outspoken critic of the pharma industry for decades), and it's only fair to be up front about my own anxiety about it as well as the possibly irrational steps I took to mitigate them.

This might be total bullshit but it's what I did for my second dose, and what I'll do for any booster I need

I had a mild spike after Pfizer #1 which triggered me to read a ton of people having various vestibular effects that they thought might be vaxx related. Note that the place I was reading this was a congregation point of people with underlying vestibular issues, so we're not looking at a normal healthy population to begin with.

One person had, purportedly, been medically advised to try a specific supplement stack, based on the post-vaxx vestibular symptoms they were having plus some specific bloodwork (which I, of course, never had done). Others had repeated their experiment, sometimes with success, per a super anecdotal data set from a questionable source.

* Quercetin
      * Liposomal Glutathinone
      * Zinc
      * Melatonin / NAC / good antioxidants

I had Quercetin laying around in some formulation that included something else, so I did a somewhat shoddy effort at this protocol and I have no idea if it interacted with the spike I had following my 2nd shot. Maybe it made it less severe, maybe it was actually the cause of the spike and not the vaxx! Who knows!

Nonetheless, at the time I read whatever I read, I convinced myself there were plausible reasons this might be helpful, and very very minimal risks of harm. Please do not accept that on faith, if you're going down this rabbit hole I would start by just googling "COVID-19 vestibular Quercetin" and similar and seeing where that gets you, and also applying basic rational skepticism to whatever you read.

If I read this post written by someone else, I'd have a giant skeptic klaxon going on, and I would be digging around looking for clinical data. (There's not much and if anyone finds anything concrete or even interesting, let me know!)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Pamdamonium

Pamdamonium Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 5
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer covid vaccine
      I was forced to get the vaccine or be on unpaid leave. I got Pfizer, left arm, on September 3 and tinnitus on September 5th. The tinnitus is worse in the right ear.
      My hypothesis is that the vaccine causes the body to produce spiked proteins which can mimic similar inner ear proteins leading to tinnitus.

This is a video describing the Pfizer cellular mechanisms associated with the protein spike:

Coronavirus Update 116: Pfizer COVID 19...

This is an article describing the anatomy of the inner ear including the proteins:

The molecular architecture of the inner ear

My concern is twofold in that it may be permanent and that if I have to take the second or subsequent doses the tinnitus will increase.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      summitplum

summitplum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      azithromycin
      Update - I got the first Pfizer dose six weeks ago. No tinnitus change thankfully but I've had relentless acid reflux since and muscle weakness / heart racing issues. Was so worried about tinnitus I didn't even think about other side effects!

Jury's still out on whether I will get (or be able to tolerate) the second dose.

19. jstmejeff

jstmejeff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid vaccine (maybe)
      Hello. I’m new to this forum. I have been dealing with tinnitus for about four months now. It started completely out of nowhere and now I wonder if I will ever be able to have a quiet moment again.

It wasn’t until the other day I googled tinnitus and the Covid vaccine and saw there has been a possible correlation. Close to 10k people have now officially listed it as a side effect here in the US. Not an overwhelming number, yet I wonder how many people even know how to report side effects, or have yet put the two together.

Then again maybe I’m just getting old and it’s a coincidence?

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. Andrew01
      Sunshine

Andrew01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown / Began 5 days after second Moderna shot
      • Like Like x 1
    21. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Your employer cannot do this. It is illegal to force an employee to undergo a medical procedure under the threat of losing their job. What you should have done, is told them they would have to fire you, or leave you alone. Then the ball would have been in their court; if they had the balls, they would have had to issue you a letter of termination and you would then have been within your rights to take them to court.
      Sorry to hear it. Still, count yourself lucky it was just tinnitus you developed. There have been far worse immediate results.
      I'm afraid I can't watch your video because the speakers on my new laptop are busted (already). Generating white noise every time I play audio.

In any case, I'm not familiar with this spike proteins mimicking inner ear proteins theory.

What I can tell you, is the spike proteins -that vaccines utilising gene therapy- trick your cells into producing, have been found to be highly toxic, and cause carnage to every organ and cell within the body, they meet.

This research was made public by a Canadian Immunologist named Doctor Byram Bridle and Pathologist named Doctor Roger Hodkinson, along with a paper published by several researchers at the Salk Institute.

Both have had their names dragged through the mud for daring to raise awareness of the potential dangers of the vaccines. The "fact checks" have become increasingly comical and the "debunking" less and less convincing.

Doctor Bridle has even been honoured with his own "misinformation" website by the pro-vaccine lobby, check it out:

Byram Bridle's Vaccine Misinformation

Imagine that. This guy's research was so laughably wrong and easily disprovable, that someone (I wonder who... :rolleyes:) actually went to all the trouble of creating a website in his name, so that anyone looking him and his research up, would quickly find everything he said had been "debunked"... :LOL:

Anyway, this was the Salk Institute paper proving that spike proteins are toxic:

The novel coronavirus’ spike protein plays additional key role in illness - Salk Institute for Biological Studies
      Now just remind yourself, we're talking about trillions (of spike proteins) that are produced here, by the body's own cells. The cochlear, is supplied, by the venous system just like any other organ in the body, so it's not inconceivable that damage could be done to the inner ear as well.

So far I've heard only two credible rebuttals of the new findings:

1) From several COVID-19 vaccine enthusiasts who asked Uri Manor -who was co-senior author of the Salk Institute study- to address his paper's use as evidence against COVID-19 vaccines. Uri Manor in response, said that the amount and potency of spike proteins used in the study, was far greater than what one would receive in any of the vaccines. (Article:The “deadly” coronavirus spike protein (according to antivaxxers) | Science-Based Medicine (sciencebasedmedicine.org)) But, (grain of salt moment): by this point it looks a lot like Uri Manor may have unintentionally played a hand in causing some big Pharmaceutical companies to lose a lot of money, and is now backtracking and trying to steer interpretation of the article to save himself from being chucked under the bus (just like all the other doctors and scientists that have made the mistake of going against Pfizer et al), even if it means undermining his own study.

2) That the danger is negligible, because the spike protein is engineered to be "inactive" and unable to bind to to human cells (layman's terms), also that it remains at the site of injection, within the deltoid muscle via the addition to the spike protein, of something called a "transmembrane anchor".
      (Article: The “deadly” coronavirus spike protein (according to antivaxxers) | Science-Based Medicine (sciencebasedmedicine.org))
      Now that sounds great, in the same way that Top Secret Alien Hover Boards that only the Military have access to sounds great, but here's the problem: it doesn't add up with what we're seeing:

Doctor who vaccinated 900 calls blood clots at capillary level an ‘absolutely new phenomenon’ – World Tribune: U.S. Politics and Culture, Geopolitics, East Asia Intelligence, China, Geostrategy, Military, National security, Corporate Watch, Media Watch, North Korea, Iran, Columnists: Dennis Prager, Michelle Malkin, John Metzler, Jeffrey Kuhner, John McNabb, Joe Schaeffer, Bill Juneau, Alexander Maistrovoy, Donald Kirk
      Perspectives on the Pandemic With Dr. Peter McCullough - United Push Back
      So it doesn't matter what the pro-COVID-19-vaccine lobby tell you the vaccine does, what's important is what the vaccine actually does. And what we're seeing isn't possible with an inactive spike protein that is remaining at the site of injection...

It's the same principle with Tobacco lobbyists decades back. They would tell you smoking can't cause lung cancer etc. "It's simply not possible because of the science", "There is no evidence smoking causes cancer". But then, people who smoke were and still are overwhelmingly prone to lung cancer... All you can do as a lobbyist at that point is debunk debunk debunk, hope people don't notice the correlations, or do their own research on the matter.

Anyway, what this boils down to, is who you want to believe. My money's on the guys who have nothing to gain and no profit to make from the information they are sharing (see if you can identify who those people are).

Over the coming months the third booster shots will begin their rollout, and two scientists have left their positions at the FDA because of it (as they can no longer support the growing insanity, and lack of science being applied). Good read: The Meaning of the FDA Resignations ⋆ Brownstone Institute

Returning to the catalyst for this post: @Pamdamonium, you might be surprised to learn, I recommend you don't take another "shot".

• Like Like x 3
    22. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      I know this a few months old. I have had vascular rosacea for 17 years. My face tends to flush and the redness is becoming more permanent. In the last week I suddenly developed a more serious form of rosacea (inflammatory) seemingly overnight with inflamed red pimples all over my face. I am absolutely beside myself. One of the treatments is topical Invermectin. I read your post and immediately looked it up and could not find anything that indicated that the topical medication was ototoxic. Is there true evidence of that or is your point more that on this thread people tend to make a lot of assumptions about tinnitus causes that are not backed up by science? You also may have been referencing the oral med versus a topical.

@Tinker Bell, so the medication is actually Ivermectin that is used for rosacea. Is that the medication you are referencing?

23. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I am so sorry you’re dealing with severe rosacea.

The medicine was oral not topical, but even then there are competing studies for the oral meds. Like you said, there are a lot of assumptions about tinnitus causes.

I’m not familiar with the topical version, but I do know it’s used sometimes to treat lice in children. I would think the topical version should be safe.

Hope you’re able to treat it and doing better soon!

24. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Sup @Forever hopeful.

I too searched all over the internet for a link between Ivermectin and tinnitus, and Ivermectin and ototoxicity, and found nothing, except for this (a link to our very own forum):

ivermectin.PNG

The funniest part is, the guy/girl doesn't even seem distressed; literally says that the itching was worse than the tinnitus spike...

Also haven't heard of anyone in the alt. media, or on social media, suffering any hearing loss/tinnitus after treating themselves with it for COVID-19 (orally).

But yeah, if neither of us can find anything on the oral treatment, then the topical treatment is seriously unlikely to have any adverse effect.

25. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thank you.

26. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thank you.

27. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      By the way Hydroxychloroquine, listed in this article, is well known to be ototoxic in the truest sense of the word.

My fundamental question is if the vaccine is causing all these problems why aren’t other doctors raising the alarm other than the one that authored this article, and the few he references as sources. My brother-in-law is a doctor and he isn’t aware of the side effects documented in this article.

That’s not to say that I am not inherently distrustful of a new vaccine that was pushed through and rushed. I’m currently in the middle of a spike or I don’t know, a change of worsening in my tinnitus and I still haven’t gotten the vaccinated yet. And if I don’t by 12/8 I lose my job. And I can’t lose my job.

And pretty much every company is requiring me to get vaccinated.

28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1) start with a falsifyable premise: Covid vaccines are causing far more audiological events than are being reported in the mainstream media

2) assess the source of the current information ( http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n15.shtml )

This is not in a research journal, it's on "orthomolecular.org". "orthomolecular" is deep down the rabbit hole of not-even-alt-medicine. The basic principles are at odds with current science, it's basically Rogan style vitamin megadosing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthomolecular_medicine
      The fact that this has been periodically investigated and dismissed for the last fifty years should be fairly informative.

So, back to our premise. Are there other ways vaccines are being tracked? Yes, VSafe and VAERS. I myself had tinnitus spikes badly enough after Pfizer #2 that my VSAFE reporting triggered VAERS to contact me, and I am now literally part of the dataset that says "the vaccine leads to tinnitus in some cases", even though my own spike faded after 2-3 weeks as I expected.

So, we have a large, large set of data on people given the vaxx, and it's only a tiny proportion that reported audio complaints. Some of these people are likely coincidental (in any given week, 1000s of people develop new tinnitus in the US), some of them may well be directly related to the vaccine, but given that we're now looking at an endemic disease, we also have to compare that risk to the risks of the disease. Ignoring all the other horrible shit COVID-19 can do to you, multiple studies with an aggregate sample size of millions of people indicate that COVID-19 can cause audiological damage in up to 15% of cases. Even if we're somehow missing fully 90% of the cases of vaccine tinnitus, COVID-19 is still roughly 10000% as dangerous to your ears as the vaccines are.

Nothing in this world is completely safe and metabolically active drugs can all have side effects. On the other hand, the vaxx only has the spike protein; COVID-19 has the spike protein plus a lot of much nastier proteins that can actually make you more susceptible to further COVID-19 infection, long COVID-19, etc.

Y'all do you; I am gonna get my Pfizer #3 at six months exactly, and we'll be getting kiddo her shot the day after she turns 5, hope for the best, and then probably gradually start doing some number of things I haven't done in 2 years because my kid has been unvaxxed. If that ends up nuking my hearing or my kids', believe me, this forum will be the second place to know after I make a VAERS report.

Also, I will prolly have kiddo do a low-dose version of the probably bullshit vitamin protocol I do for vaccines, but I gotta get that cleared by her pediatrician since I don't just jam random supplements into my kid the way I do into myself :D
      Haha, more or less all the buzz on HCQ and Ivermectrin were based on early preprint studies which were quickly debunked after they failed peer review and further efforts to replicate the effect failed. So, people still talking about this stuff without also mentioning the long list of studies indicating they probably don't work are not being honest.

It also amuses the hell out of me that a lot of anti-vaccine people are perfectly willing to take Regeneron. It doesn't work as well, and it's also a genetic therapy whose lineage is originally sourced from human embryonic stem cells. That should set off all the alarms for the people terrified of vaccines, but somehow it doesn't because it's not a "vaccine", it's a fairly shitty short term measure that just... injects you directly with the antibodies you would make natively as a result of vaccine exposure.

Frankly, the COVID-19 vaccines aren't even really vaccines any more than flu shots are. That is, both the COVID-19 shots and flu shots are "vaccines", but they do not give you basically permanent immunity the way polio or TDAP vaxx's work, just because of the totally different mechanisms of immunomodulation involved.

EDIT/ADDENDUM:
      I made the mistake of reading the whole article and now I am properly PO'd. Quotes below are from the article, not you, to be clear.
      Concern... by who? The spike proteins persist for no more than a couple weeks and if you have COVID-19 you are also drowning in these proteins, along with many others (https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where-mrna-vaccines-and-spike-proteins-go)
      There isn't an eyeroll big enough for this. Anything injected intramuscularly will enter the bloodstream and be distributed to some extent through the body. This is how injections work.
      Everything in this section is nonsense and I am not going to bother, because multiple peer reviewed sources of information indicating it's all nonsense are trivially available to anyone with google and basic media literacy.
      Yes, and then oh hell no. That is, Long COVID-19 probably represents a low-grade unresolved infection and inflammation, but the idea that this has anything to do with vaccines is nonsense; long COVID-19 symptoms are not being seen in the (now majority of the US!) who are vaccinated, and in fact long COVID-19 has been shown to often reduce or go away after vaccination (https://www.statnews.com/2021/09/01...ng-covid-even-when-people-are-infected-study/)

Also, the "citation" provided here is this paper:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7952095/

This paper talks a lot about long COVID-19 in COVID-19 survivors and the mechanisms thereof. It in no way indicates that the "same kind of spike protein persistence and clinical impact" occurs after vaccination. Read the paper, it's free, it says nothing of the sort.

Total nonsense.

29. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Forever hopeful -- Good question! I myself have been appalled over and over again since the pandemic started how anyone--or anything--that even remotely questions the political and conventional medicine approach to the pandemic is denigrated and censored in the most egregious ways. A couple of quick stories to illustrate:

I. -- I heard about a professor in a college in the Northeast somewhere who taught a class on "discrimination". As I understood it, he taught his students to be skeptical about literally everything in life until they've done their own research on it. The reason for it is because we are always surrounded by false and misleading information.

When the vaccines came out, he gave his students an assignment to research the topic, and to come to their own conclusions as to their safety and efficacy. As I recall, he was immediately met with a huge backlash--from the students' parents, and from the rest of the faculty at the college. A "letter of disapproval" was apprently signed by many of the faculty, and he ended up being suspended for spreading "false and misleading information", even though that is not what happened. Last I heard, he's suing the college for wrongful termination.

II. -- I recently became aware of a person (might have been a doctor) who was very active in Washington state helping in anyway he could to facilitate people getting easy access to COVID-19 vaccines. He was obviously very pro-vaccine, and eventually got his as soon as he was eligible. As I recall, his tinnitus started within hours of vaccination.

He soon learned others were experiencing the same thing, and decided he wanted to make this known. He apparently started some kind of group on Facebook (I don't know the exact term as I don't use Facebook) to inform people of what he and others were experiencing. It was soon shut down for being a source of "vaccine misinformation".
      Then there are the NDs (and MDs) who began successfully treating COVID-19 very similarly to the way they'd successfully treated other upper respiratory infections for many years (using non-drug approaches). When they started posting their positive results online, they were notified by the FDA to cease and desist, and threatened with significant consequences if they didn't.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. I've come to believe COVID-19 is a virus that is quite vulnerable to some pretty simple, safe, effective, and inexpensive treatment strategies. But there are some very powerful interests that want to keep this information from becoming well known. -- I would guess that the professor I referenced above often told his students to, "follow the money". In that light, here's an article from yesterday:

Pfizer revenue and profits soar on its Covid vaccine business

"This year, the Covid vaccine has brought in revenue of $24.3 billion. And Pfizer said it expects a total of
      $36 billion from the vaccine for all of 2021..."

• Like Like x 1
    30. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @linearb (how ya doin?) -- Just to mention, Wikipedia is an extraordinarily biased website, epecially when it comes to things that contradict in anyway "conventional wisdom". I take everything I read there with a grain of salt. -- I might also leave you with this little story, one that I wish many in the health care field would consider a little more often.

As I recall the story, many years ago the President (or top person) at the AMA gave a speech to a graduating class at some prestigious medical university. In the speech, he apparently made the comment that within 5 years, it will be discovered that half of what they were taught was not accurate. And the problem was, nobody knew what half that was.

So, even though modern conventional health care claims to be all about "the science", the truth is that "the science"--AS IT's PERCEIVED to BE--often doesn't hold up over the longer term. In addition, science--AS IT's INTERPRETED--is not always accurate, especially if that interpretation is tethered to some powerful political and financial interests. I see these political and financial interests at play literally every night when I watch the evening news and their coverage on COVID-19.

• Agree Agree x 1