We Need More Research Into Potassium Channel Modulators

Discussion in 'Research News' started by dan, Aug 15, 2014.

1. inadmin

inadmin Member

I don't know if Tinnitus can be cured or not, but I don't think that money is always the barrier - We're sometimes forgetting the difficulties researchers are facing trying to deal with a condition.

• Agree Agree x 3
    2. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Agreed, very well said. Thanks for the clarification.

Rich

3. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Well, guys, here is a recent pubmed on Potassium channel targeting for cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25049269

I guess they have much more funds in the cancer. With all due respects to the members here, if this happens to help treat/cure cancer first, it will be a revolution, and if they find something for tinnitus on the road, it'll be all bonus :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Exactly. And as 10% of people (approximately and most likely more in the Western world due to noisy leisure time activities) suffer from it I don't see how it would not bring in money. A lot of people suffer from cancer as well and pay good money to get treated, yet many of them do not survive. With tinnitus the patients don't die and most likely a lot of us will be on the pill for life so I don't think money is an object. Neurology and psychiatry are simply not very developed areas but that doesn't mean the breakthrough won't come.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Bumping this thread.

We can STILL do something about this. Trobalt has showed some progress and the team behind it is currently working on new two drugs will work on potassium channels.

But I do wonder is there any labs at the moment working on some drugs will work potassium channels?