Webinar: The Evolution of Tinnitus Research — Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Hazel, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      register-to-evolution-of-tinnitus-research-webinar.png

Hey everyone!

Tinnitus Week is coming up again in the first week of February. In connecting with the British Tinnitus Association an idea came up: Organising a webinar where tinnitus organizations can present on their past, current and future involvement in research.

So, we've been working for a few weeks now to make this happen: inviting panelists, agreeing on format and content, making technical arrangements, and more. And we're proud to announce that the webinar is indeed happening!

Practical Information:

The webinar will be co-hosted by Tinnitus Hub and the British Tinnitus Association. It will take place on February 4th. The panelists will be from Tinnitus Hub, British Tinnitus Association (BTA), American Tinnitus Association (ATA), and Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID).
      There will be a Q&A opportunity as well.

Find out more about the webinar, and register to attend, ➡️ here.

There are limited spots available, so if you are interested, register quickly! (But only of course if you truly intend to be there.) A recording will be made available to the general public afterwards.

I will be presenting on behalf of Tinnitus Hub. As you might know, although we don't have money to fund tinnitus research, we support research through data gathering and by working directly with researchers on joint projects.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other tinnitus organizations will be presenting and learning more about their approach to tinnitus research.

Let us know what you think. Do you like the idea of such a webinar? What would you most like to learn about? Should we do this more often?

• Like Like x 9
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      This seems like a promising idea - well done on setting it up.

What I would most like to learn about is what the organisations you have mentioned have contributed and will contribute to biomedical research into tinnitus. Not Mindfulness research. Not CBT research. Not TRT research. Not "tinnitus calming" audiology products research. Actual biomedical research.

• Agree Agree x 10
      • Winner Winner x 2
    3. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Could I do a restream with Polish commentary for a couple of my usual Twitch viewers and maybe people from a Polish tinnitus group, or is it not allowed?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hazel
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi there, that should be fine, thanks for asking. As long as you don't distribute the video more widely, because we will want to publish on YouTube etc.

• Like Like x 1
    5. WickedCarnival

WickedCarnival Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late Autumn 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure between azithromycin or viral infection
      Agreed x100.

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    6. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I signed up, thanks for the effort :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hazel
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here is the webinar recording. Apologies for the poor quality audio from some of the speakers, we had no influence on that; @Markku did his best to fix it somewhat in editing.

In my opinion, the Q&A part was by far the most engaging. If we do something like this again maybe it should be just Q&A!

The people who took part directly in the webinar seemed to find it interesting, according to the poll we conducted at the end. But perhaps the broader audience viewing this recording might be more critical; in fact, we already received some angry comments regarding the panelists' views on FX-322. [FYI, I did not answer that question live during the webinar, although I did respond in the Q&A chat (not visible in the recording) that it seems promising.] Critical comments are of course allowed, as long as it doesn't turn into bashing for the sake of it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Thanks!