Weird Out of Body Experience while on Sleep Paralysis last night!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AnneG, Nov 27, 2013.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey guys! Ok so basically i have had Sleep Paralysis before, before as in since i was 14. Its this state where your body's asleep but your mind is perfectly awake!

But last night it was different, I FELT something, Or someone. I was trying to wake up but just couldn't, Tried moving a finger or toe, Relaxing, NOTHING! So instead i tried to raise my Whole arm! And YES! I can see the room but i know that my eyes were closed! I tried so hard to lift up my arm until it actually did!, But nothing's happening, it was lifting but nothing, then i tried my feet until i tried my whole body, while doing suddenly that there was this bright light that was shining on my face, and then my whole body was VIBRATING! Like literally i can feel my whole body vibrate, then there was a "Hum" that started soft and the harder i tried to sat up it got louder and louder until it was in my entire head! And then BAM! The Light went so bright, the vibrating and hum got stronger and louder then I felt myself LIFT UP! It felt like i was tripping but it was so clear! I can see my room from my OWN EYES! But the problem was i was FLOATING, And when i looked down i saw my own body. . . SLEEPING! But i felt relaxed, happy, calm, But i can hear Whispers all around, I see figures of shadows, its like i went into this realm of ghost or spirits and i was one of them! I can do things i can only do in a dream! I was floating, Go to places, the T stopped in that realm or whatever. IT WAS SO CLEAR! Not like the one when your dreaming, this one is like me seeing a new world with my own eyes! It was scary, amazing, and MAGICAL! Until i thought of my own body and i literally floated back to my house and went INTO my body! IT WAS CRAZY! I think i probably am crazy but it was just so REAL!

Does anyone have any idea what happened? its just so creepy! But at the same time it felt AMAZING! Was i Dreaming? or was it an illusion while i was under sleep paralysis? Has anyone ever had the same experience?

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Wow, @AnneG! That is an amazing story. I've never experienced this myself, but I have read stories about people who have had out-of-body experiences, and I believe that's what you had.

This is a controversial topic, and many people may not believe it, but I do think it is possible.

I'll be interested to hear from others who may have had a similar experience.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Scubadude
      Badass

Scubadude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Wow Kind of cool and scary at the same time AnneG. People pay good money for that feeling. Thrillseekers do it all the time through sports and fairground rides. I see you mention the word "Tripping" and it's probably the most apt description at this present time. If it would have happened to me I would put it down to my hippy phase. I experimented a little over 24yrs now should we say!. My guess would be a possible flashback of some sort?
      Failing that I think the human brain is a magnificent vehicle for an active subconscious mind! Don't be scared a few people are on the record for having a discorporate experience.
      (For the record I never ever had a flashback, much to my chagrin..)

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      What you experienced is what some call an "Astral Projection." Whether it's a legitimate experience or just the brain imagining or dreaming, I don't know. You can google it if you want more information.

I remember I had sleep paralysis once and it scared the crap out of me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It makes me wonder what causes sleep paralysis. Is it some sort of glitch in the brain? Are some people more prone to it than others?

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Anne that's a beautiful spiritual experience ! Xo

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      That's exactly how i felt! Cool yet insanely scary! But there was this sense of peace in that place i went, its like this Border between the veil of the dead and the physical world, It was just so craaaaaazy! Till this very moment i still can't get over it, and I've googled it and some people say its called "Astral Projection" I don't know it that's what happened or if I'm even hoping that's what really happened.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      @Karen its it pretty amazing karen! Yet insanely scary! I can see this shadows EVERYWHERE when i felt like i left my spiritual body, But after passing through them I felt so amazing! Like i was free! I don't know if i want it to happen again or not though. hahaha

xoxo

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I Agree! It was amazing! But it was very scary at the same time <3

• Like Like x 1
    11. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Something slightly similar happened to me during a Reiki healing session, I got very scared too.... Now I wish I hadn't gotten scared and had enjoyed it lol ! These things can happen after years of meditation etc, you're lucky you're so young and had this experience !

• Like Like x 2
    12. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Very cool experience I'd say!
      I was having a Reiki attunement and had a cool experience with seeing colors and a little girl who appeared right in front of my face.
      I've had some really intense colorful dreams. Nothing like what you had, but what an interesting experience. Come back and share more if it happens again.:)

I wouldn't let it scare me, who knows what magical, mystical things it could show you.

• Like Like x 3
    13. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      wow sounds pretty cool i had something like that twice before but i was like 15 years old..

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Since it happened i have been doing a lot of research towards it. "Astral Projection" they call it. They say Meditation, Reiki, or Sleep paralysis can be a gateway to and OBE. I've been trying to trigger SP this past couple of nights too! Just so maybe i can do it again and finally find out if i was tripping or not. hahahaha, Somehow a part of me hopes that i did project into the Astral Plane <3

• Like Like x 1
    15. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Cool!

16. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hahah usually when people talk about such thing I always get this hocus pocus feeling, but it's alright when you say it Anne ;P
      I used lucid dream on command, cool times! Also being capable of waking up from a dream when I wanted or going straight back to the same dream. Mind is scary and cool, I think many are envious of your experience :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Scubadude
      Badass

Scubadude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      I loved the old vids of the British Army testing LSD on the squaddies. Great laugh here's the link for your perusal

LSD - Testing On British Marines (1964)...

• Like Like x 1
    18. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

I have phases where I get this every other week I hate sleep paralysis!! somehow I think it increased after I got T.

19. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      I've experienced the sleep paralysis thing before more than once and I didn't like it. I didn't know what it was. It's been a long time. I would wake up and know that I was awake and yet I couldn't open my eyes or move at all. I felt very vulnerable and that someone could do whatever they wanted to me and I was helpless. I just laid there and prayed until I could finally open my eyes. As for the other stuff, I've never had that happen. I would be careful about basing belief or truth on experiences like these. They can be deceiving.

20. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      Sleep paralysis is a natural phenomenon occuring every night and it's purpose is to prevent body from moving (sleep walking). Due to some disturbances like low levels of melatonine it might happen on rare occasions that we experience an actual sleep paralysis while still being fully aware. This is almost always associated with severe panic, difficulty breathing, fast heartbeat (which is also natural in REM phase of sleep) and dream hallucinations.

If it happens often and disturbs you, try raising your bed a little and/or sleep on your side. Large meals right before sleep are also generally discouraged :)

21. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      AnneG -
      What Fish describes is GERD, which is what I have. Off and on, I have had initial bad sleep due to acid reflux. A lot of times I wake up, gagging. This is due to stomach acid which climb up the esophagus and cause the larynx to constrict, causing a person to choke.

You may want to consider trying an antacid or something like Prilosec.
      - Kasrl