Welcome Back, Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Nov 16, 2013.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      So a few weeks ago i posted here about my T Being gone.
      I didn't actually think it was 'Permanent' I couldn't bring myself to think that, Because then i was gonna put my hopes up. So Today i was out for a little stroll after breakfast with my dog, when i heard what i thought was probably insects. The noise sounds like 'Sand, Static, or insects' Its just one noise, The volume is minimum. When I first heard it i didn't really care because i really did thought that it had an source. But after 30 minutes of walking i noticed that is till hear the sound. So 1. . .2. . .3 LIGHT BULB!!!!
      I remembered Tinnitus again. And the moment i did the normal, heart racing, anxiety and worry came rushing in. I went home right away and then i was right. The noise was in my head, Looks like those quiet days was just my brain teasing me. The anxiety didn't last long though, this very moment i still here it. But i thought for almost 30 minutes i didn't give a single damn about it because well, i thought it was from an insect, or that the noise was actually coming out from something. if i managed that then, Why not do it again now right? So yeah, Right now I'm staying calm and relax. If this stays then i guess it stays. Hahaha, I feel irritated more than worried right now though. I just watched a movie and i barely remembered the noise that came back. So yeah, Life goes on like i said WITH or WITHOUT T :D

Wish you all are doing great!

xoxo Anne

WELCOME BACK TINNITUS! <3

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      If it's gone that long you're gonna be fine....
      But "nice" to have you back, if that's allowed to say lol. Obviouslt I don't think it's nice th...blablabla you get it.

I feel like when T is NOT noise-induced, the chances of it going away are a lot bigger. And as far as I know yours is from infection or something so yeah... relax!

edit: okay I read the rest of your post, you're already relaxing, good.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm so bummed out to read your post Anne :( but you have a fantastic attitude!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Anne, I hope you, your family, and friends, were spared anything bad from the typhoon.

Anne, you turned on my light bulb with your statement" that the noise was actually coming out from something. if i managed that then, Why not do it again now right?

Lets hope it goes away for good soon...

Thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      We weren't really hit by the storm. The province though are still under calamity. We still have some relatives missing. Sone of their homes wiped out.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I'm more bummed than bum. hahaha
      The quiet days feel like a tease! then out of nowhere it just comes biting me in the ass again. Plus the fact that its a new sound makes it harder not to notice. But what can i do right? Stressing over it makes it worse. right now I'm watching a move. doing my best to distract myself. Though it is hard because after a while my attention goes back to the T and i have to snap out of it again.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      But the good thing is your attention wanders away from the T in the first place! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      we are all here for each other anne:huganimation: , just remember just keep telling yourself it's just a sound:whistle: it's not going to hurt you and you will be fine...:p right !! cause your a fighter lol.......:banghead: :D .....your doing great

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      I've been thinking about you Anne with the news about the devastation in your country and hope you have good news soon about friends and family effected xxx

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Anne,
      You have such a great attitude about your tinnitus! With such a positive outlook, I'm sure you will continue to do better and better.

Glad you are OK, and I also hope you have good news soon about your friends and family members.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I hope your relatives are found safe...Too bad about their homes...

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Anne! 'Welcome' back
      There's none we'd rather not see in here than you :huganimation::p
      Remember if your t fluctuates, get a daily dosis of soothing The Last Of Us. 90% of the time, it works Every time.

all the best

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi AnneG, I still remember your first posts, I'm glad that you have improved your coping powers so much. If the volume is low and you can sleep, your life is gonna be what you make of it.

I approve of this game. Too bad they couldn't get Ellen Page, the original was just like her.

The_Last_Of_US_New_Ellie_5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    14. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      Forgetting about T is probably the best widely available treatment... Not an easy thing, but it definitely is possible :p Having a positive attitude is the key! Over time you will find yourself forgetting about T more and more often :) Stay strong!

• Like Like x 2
    15. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      You've come so far in a couple of months. It's been interesting to follow your journey from the beginning. Really glad for you, Anne.

Now you have the tools and knowledge to beat it, one step at a time. It won't harm you :) Bless you.

Markku

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Thank you :)

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Ooooh. I'm playing Beyond two souls lately. That game actually used Ellen page herself as rhe protagonist. I love it :)

18. lana
      Balanced

lana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June/2012
      Hi Anne, it's back but you know it can go away for a while at a time and that's great. I have a faint noise that's there all the time but I also have a humming that comes and goes and I try not to get upset if it comes back after a "break". Try to think of positives in life always helps. Hope your relatives safe x

• Hug Hug x 1