Well What a Croc of... (ENT Experience)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joanne Philps, May 11, 2017.

1. Joanne Philps
      Alienated

Joanne Philps Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flight
      Had final appointment with ENT today, basically though, get on with it, the damage done to the vestibular nerve cannot be undone, viruses are like that, sorry for filling you with loads of pills that had no effect blah blah bla, the rehabilitation therapy might help, " have you started it yet " (4 weeks ago they referred me, not so much as a date this year or next) so he'll chase it up!

Oh as as for the tinnitus, well we can't change the volume ha ha, so put up with it and bye bye!

So absolute waste of my time, money on prescriptions that I didn't need and ready to jump of the nearest cliff, also disgusted at the non treatment I've had or rather not!

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I had a crummy experience with the ENT also. I feel you.

$300 later for her to just shrug her shoulders and say "go buy a white noise machine!" I expressed I was having bad anxiety and she goes "yeah..you should talk to your GP about that."

From the 4 months that I've had T I have learned, music/nature/soothing sounds are my best friend. You aren't alone, I pray for us all everyday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I can't say that I had a particularly positive experience with my ENT but he did manage to get my insurance company to pay for a Widex hearing aid for my tinnitus and I have to thank him (and the insurance company) for that.