Went to GP Today, Got Otomize Ear Spray

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sam Bridge, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Hi All

Went to my GP today as about a week ago a large bit of wax came out of right ear so I thought I would get them checked out to see if there's anymore. Turns out i have no more wax in either ear but my canal is "red". GP gave me a spray called Otomize, when I got outside i remembered that Telis said some ear spray had made his t really bad. So yeah, there's no way I am touching this stuff especially as google tells me that one of the ingredients (neomycin) is otoxic!

Has anyone else been given this before?

2. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Ye i was given this and neevr took it, screw that !

Try get on some penicillin if you can. If the doc says you have Otitis External you can get Amoxycilin for it :)

3. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ask your doctor why he thinks giving you ototoxic ear spray is a good idea :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Ha, well i never used them and i have had my ears checked for wax since then and ears looked fine other than wax.

5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Sam, I wouldn't bother with it. External ear infections usually clear up by themselves. If it's only red with no pain, then I don't think you need anything.

Drs like to prescribe drugs at every opportunity, and I think we have become a drug dependent society. The worst part in my opinion, is the practise of big pharmas courting our GPs with food and drink to distribute their drugs. It's unenethical and should be outlawed, but money runs the world. In a lot of cases, drugs just aren't needed at all, but Drs are keen to prescribe because of the pressure from the pharmaceutical companies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whenever anyone (in a white coat, I mean) insists that I take some antibiotic for any reason, I nod, fill the script, and then put it on my shelf for 72 hours to see if I improve on my own.

My shelf now has a lot of untouched antibiotic scripts. Would anyone like to buy some secondhand Bactrim before it expires? ;)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      @Ed209 thanks Ed, i didn't bother with them at the time anyway, glad I didn't!